“Good hotel for a visit to southern part of Everglades” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Rucphen
“Good hotel for a visit to southern part of Everglades”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

After our visit to Flamingo(Southern part of Eveglades)we stayed for 1 night in Holiday Inn Express Florida City. Nice hotel with clean rooms and a nice free breakfast. it is an easy drive to Key largo. Friendly staff, nice pool and closely some restaurants for lunch and dinner.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEX M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Josepha W,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be convenient for your travel plans. Whenever you're in the area, I hope you consider to stay with us again.

Regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Definitely recommended for a quick stay. Coming from New York down to Florida and had to stay somewhere for the night. Beds were very comfortable - didn't want to get up the next day and pretty spacious.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Have chosen to stay at this hotel due to location close to visit the Everglades. The hotel was average as for Holiday Inn quality you would expect. A/C and fridge were so noisy that you need to switch them off to get a good sleep at night. Stayed there only 2 nights, so not too much time to start complaining, however the hotel I would recommend to budget travellers. The worst thing was the smell of wetness, like they had problems with ventilation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HIEX M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hello Elzbieta K,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay while visiting the Everglades National Park. I apologize for the inconvenience of the noise of the fridge and the smell you mentioned that was in the room. We will look into these issues to ensure we don't inconvenience any other guests.

Best regards,
Folkston, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Though the hotel itself wasn't that bad at all, the fact that personnel stole a diamond necklace from my room totally makes up for that. When I spoke with the manager she was rude, unhelpful, and infuriatingly unsympathetic. I hope no one has to experience this hotel in the manner that my family did. Stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Kendra D,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Homestead, FL.

Orlando A.
Muscatine, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It is amazing , all what you need . clean quit luxury and relaxing and tide . you can find the things you will admire around and u can add your points to the credit as well worldwide.
Maybe the reception lobby is not that big in some branches but the rooms are nice and you will find yourself don't want to leave.

Room Tip: Go for it guys. On me :D
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night in this hotel. Although I always stay at IHG brand hotels (5-6 different ones in just the past month and a half) and have been a Priority Club Member for almost 8 years, if I had the need to stay in Florida City I would definitely not stay here. I stayed in this location for less than 12 hours, I just needed a good nights sleep before driving home. That I did not get. The bed and pillows are very uncomfortable and seemed quite old. Once I was able to fall asleep, I was woken around 2 a.m. because my headboard was rattling due to the people in the next room having sex. I could clearly hear everything that went on in the room beside me. Once they finally decided to give it a rest, I could hear them snoring as if they were in the same room with me. While it is not the fault of HIE that they people in the next room wanted to enjoy themselves, I do fault them for VERY thin walls....
My toilet also leaked and the halls were dingy and in desperately need of remodeling. While the room itself was fine (except for the thin walls), the refrigerator had to be unplugged because of a constant rattle.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Ourroadtravels,

Thank you for your feedback and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our bed, bathroom condition and the noise during your stay. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Nataligh1234
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is just average. the room was ok, very clean but nothing special. it was faily quite which was nice. the breakfast was not so great, the milk my son got for his cereal was old and spoiled and then the second milk had expired the day before. the breakfast staff were very nice and accomidating but maybe they should check on these things a little more. overall I would stay agian if the price is right.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Nataligh1234,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the service you received from the restaurant staff. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Ferdinand G
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City? Share your experiences!