“Satisfactory” 3 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Florida City/Homestead to your Saves list
Super 8 Florida City/Homestead
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1202 North Krome Avenue, Florida City, FL 33034-2428   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Florida City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
York, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I am pretty easy to please and don't need much when it comes to budget travel. This place was ok. We stayed here really only needing a place to sleep so we were content. The room was clean and our only complaint was that the pillows were lumpy. Area felt a little creepy/sketchy as well as we arrived after dark but come daylight it didn't seem so bad. There was a simple breakfast of cereal, pastries, and make your own waffles.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
West Bloomfield, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We arrived here at 1:30 a.m., and quickly considered driving through the night to our destination 3 hours away. The room was pre-paid which was the only reason we checked in, and decided to try to get some sleep.

The room was filthy, the area was creepy. We drove to a Krispy Kreme on the way, and on a wrong turn just about hit some hookers--this should have been a warning about the area. When we moved our car by our room we were watched the whole time by a rent-a-cop on a golf cart who seemed to be taking inventory of our belongings, and not keeping an eye out for other threats. The room had mold throughout, an electrical outlet that was shattered and had exposed wires, and bugs in the lampshade. One of the most concerning things in the room was the 5 x 7 size 10 font of safety tips to keep you from harm. The bed was disgusting and uncomfortable. I basically slept on my husband fully clothed to avoid the possibility that the sheets were not clean. Each trip we made to the car I even took off my jewelry it felt that unsafe. Woke up at 5:30, and we were on the road by 6. By far the most expensive hotel stay (per hour) that I have ever paid for.

Overall, I would have given 0-stars if it was an option... this place was not even sufficient for a homeless shelter.

Room Tip: The best room would be one at a different hotel. STAY AWAY... or come "packing heat."
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Oh this was a sad day that broke my faith in the Super 8 motel chain.

The room seemed fine at first glance. I had some dinner, took a shower. Then as I was settling into bed, I see a massive dark blob creeping along the wall out of the corner of my eye. Oh dear lord, it was a massive cockroach. And I was so ready to fall asleep after a long day in the Everglades.

It was about 12:30 am and I was absolutely exhausted, I couldn't contemplate the prospect of moving to another room or hotel. I went to the front desk, and the woman gives this chagrin smile, shrugs her shoulders, and says, "It's Florida. There's cockroaches here."

I just love how low-end motels use the "there's cockroaches in Florida" line to excuse the presence of cockroaches in their establishment.

She hands me a big spray can of insecticide and tells me that at least there aren't little bugs in my room. Why? I ask. She tells me that little bugs are a sign that the house is dirty.

Well, I hate to break it to you, but cockroaches are a pretty good sign that the house is dirty too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Brooklyn, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We arrived in mid December 2012 for a two night stay. The king-bed room we were assigned smelled of mold. We cranked up the a/c in hopes of ameliorating the scent and went out for dinner. After returning, we used the bathroom and the toilet overflowed. Stuff happens. We called the front desk, in hopes of getting someone to take care of the problem. The response we got was "do you want a plunger?" There would be no one available to cope with this problem, so I asked for a different room. One was indeed offered. On checking it out, we found that the scent of mold in this room was even stronger than in the one that had just been fouled. We declined the replacement room and opted to find accommodations elsewhere. When I spoke with the manager at our departure, I asked for our charges to be credited back to our account, as we had not received a usable space for our money. Her response was a very simple, "we have a strict no-refund policy." Not a word along the lines of "I am so sorry for your experience here." Nope. I would avoid this place, not just for the problematic quality of the rooms but the callous disregard for its customers we experienced from the management.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
tjjtaylor, General Manager at Super 8 Florida City/Homestead, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Please accept our apologies for the problems you encountered at our Super 8. These issues are being addressed. We appreciate you taking your time to comment.

John Taylor
Marketing Manager

Been to Super 8 Florida City/Homestead? Share your experiences!