“Great experience!! Would definitely stay again.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Ravenswood, West Virginia
“Great experience!! Would definitely stay again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

We flew into Fort Lauderdale and wanted an affordable place to spend the night before driving to Key West the next day. We arrived around 11 PM. The night shift at the front desk was VERY friendly, professional, and helpful. Our room (including the bathroom) appeared to be very clean. No frills, just a cheap room for the night...it was everything we were looking for. Great experience!! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
TJTaylor50, General Manager at Super 8 Florida City/Homestead, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Thank you for your kind words. We want all our guests to have a nice restful stay at our motel. Come see us again.

Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

If you travelling and looking for a cheap but nice location and do not care so much about a first class breakfast, then you choose a motel.
Thats exactly what we did. We were travelling around the Keys and Everglades and stayed here the night of Memorial Day. Imagine paying only around 15 $ per person it was awesome and I guess we could not have find a better place. After a day at the beach we were able to drink a beer in the pool and nobody cared. The breakfast was Motel standard but we had no expectations before and thats why we got suprised positively.
If you are young and want to save money on your trip, the Motel 8 is a very good choice! If you looking for comfort you should not stay at a motel anyhow.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
SgrahamFloridaCity, Front Desk Clerk at Super 8 Florida City/Homestead, responded to this review, July 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Florida City Super 8. We provide a clean room, friendly staff and continental breakfast for all our guests. I agree the breakfast area is small that's why we don't mind if you take it back to your room or sit outside at our picnic table near the pool. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stockport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

we were looking for a cheap motel in Homestead and this one is exactly that. Budget price, room ok if a little dated, but clean. Pool area ok, kids had a good splash around. Breakfast of chocolate lucky charms, white toast and grape jelly, honeybuns and coffee - a bit of a squash to queue for the toaster and most people took theirs back to their room or on the picnic benches on the grass by the pool. We stayed one night between Florida Keys and Orlando.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed here one night while visiting the Everglades National Park. In spite of some of the past reviews, we found it very acceptable. It was reasonably priced, a big, comfortable room. Breakfast was pretty dismal: cold cereal and pre-packaged pastries. I did appreciate the apples that were available, however. The coffee was pretty bad. The man (Fred, I think) who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. We didn't try out the pool but those who were using it seemed to be enjoying themselves. The room was "clean enough" although when we were leaving and I was double-checking for left items, I found a plastic cup on the floor that had contained something red... definitely not ours so obviously it was overlooked in the last cleaning. The A/C worked and didn't smell; the bathroom was clean. Not a vacation destination but certainly acceptable for the price.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

we stayed at this super 8 on our way down to Key West. Our room you wouldn't let your pets stay in.We made our reservation,but didn't get to our room until late in the evening.Called the front desk to complain,was told to speak with hotel manager in the morning.I took cell phone photos of everything that was wrong. Standing water in bath tub. trash in trash cans,broken coffee pot. torn bed spreads,broken bathroom door,cob-webs hanging from room AC, mold all over the bathroom.spoke with manager in the morning, he told me he wasn't the manager,and he would not be back until after we were gone.When we got back home I called the hotel,and ask for the manager. Turns out I had spoken with the real manager the first time,but he looked me in the eye, and lied to me. I complained to the Marketing manager ,and they informed me they would look into my complaint. I told them I had photos I would love to show them to back up my complaint. They didn't even want to see them. They just went ahead an made a credit to my credit card. I wen't ahead and sent the photos to the marketing manager anyway. He never even gave me the curtisy of thanking me for sending them to him. I guess super 8 doesn't really care how it's customers feel about how there hotels are being run.
If after reading this review, you decide to stay at this super 8, do it at your own risk

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to comment on our motel. We are sorry your stay was not a good one. The concerns that you mentioned have all been addressed by the proper departments. We do hope that you will give try our motel again so you can see how much we have improved. Thank you again for your time.

Travelers are raving about these Florida City hotels

Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

My son and I had good luck staying in the Super 8 hotel's on our travels.So we assumed
this one would be another one.We booked a room for a 2 night stay.The bathroom was in awful condition and the door didn't lock or close.The coffee pot was rusty.It was not clean on floors or around sink.I would never stay in this place again.Outside looks ok. If

• Stayed March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment. The issues that you had have been addressed. We have recently redone the bathrooms and tile floors and the housekeeping issues have been resolved. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a nice stay in the near future. Thank you again for your time.

Northants
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

Not sure why this motel has got some poor reviews as I found it quite good, especially compared to other budget motels we used on the trip. The complex had a generally well cared for appearance and most of the rooms were set a way back from the road. The rooms were clean, well furnished and with all the extras you would expect - hair dryer, microwave, fridge, iron, ironing board. The complimentary breakfast was a bit meagre but just about adequate to keep you going until mid-day.

• Stayed February 2011

Been to Super 8 Florida City/Homestead? Share your experiences!