“LOVE this place!!!” 5 of 5 stars

20 SW 2nd Avenue, Florida City, FL 33034   |
Mystic, Connecticut
“LOVE this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed in a private room with shared bath...it was all most unusual,relaxing,and wonderful. Lots of friendly,welcoming folks here,and an atmosphere of 'just relax'... The building is vintage....loved the beautiful courtyard! The shared kitchen,free pancakes(make yourself) and space to cook,eat,and meet people from around the world was great. After a long day visiting the 'Glades,it was great hanging out with a cup of tea,cooking up some dinner,and eating outside with the resident parrot watching over us.This is not your average cookie cutter place to stay,some people just tenting in the yard,others in shared dorms...it is way more of an experience than a hotel room. (Love the waterfall grotto)I look forward to visiting again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

As this was my first time staying in a hostel I was a little nervous. Once I walked in the front door and was greeted by Brandon I was welcomed with warmth and kindness. The whole environment was very relaxing , staff and guests very friendly but I was also able to find the alone time I was seeking. The hostel is very clean , including the dorm room I stayed in. outside area , which looked nice online, but in fact was fantastic, was my very favorite. The cool swimming hole , to the little areas tucked here and there for reading. I fear that if I ever stay another hostel the bar has been set very high. I would recommend this wonderful place .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hostel, and it was extremely friendly with a good crowd of people guesting in the place. The staff were helpful and knowledgeable, and I can even recommend the Tex Mex place over the road. It was the best we had in our three week stay in the South.

Our private room was really tidy and well presented, and the general lay out of the hostel in general was decent. The only reason I gave this 3 stars is that in the morning I couldn't find a bathroom. The place wasn't that busy yet every door was locked when I came to brush my teeth and use the loo! If this is how it is in low-season, how must it be when the place is rocking? A must-stay if you're in low season but unless there were some other toilets I missed I can't imagine it's must fun once the rooms are full and the yard crammed with campers. It was also quite expensive for a hostel and could do with some competition.

Room Tip: If you get a private do clarify whether you get exclusive use of nearby toilets.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ko Samui, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hostel with super comfy dorm room. It is near the entrance of everglade park. However, you should have a car or buy a package tour to visit there. I did not drive but I shared a ride with another guest of the hostel. On the way back, I used public transportation to reach fort lauderdale airport which was not tough at all. The bus stop to metrorail is 1 min walk. The dorm room is just like your room in your house, very very nice and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013
Temple Terrace, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I just cancelled my reservation due to a change in travel plans. I was prepared to lose my non-refundable payment for the night. Instead, I get an email with a credit for 1 year.

I have yet to stay here and already I am a fan. Customer service is non-existent anymore, so when it gets served out unexpectedly like this, I am compelled to spread the word.

Can't wait to visit soon!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were coming back from key West to Miami and stopped randomly to find a place to stay for one night so it was a chance that we found the hostel. It turned out to be a little paradise with a beautiful garden, a waterfall pool, trees to climb, hammocks and more... We discovered something new and exciting with every step. The check out was at 12.00 but we were allowed to stay in the garden as much as we wanted and although we had other plans we decided to have a longer rest in this little paradise. The staff are very friendly, open minded and so kind! A very down to earth place. We had a private double room which was comfortable and clean. I would definitely recommend the place. I wish we could stay longer, I am sure it's a great place to meet some amazing people.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

While writting, I am still in that lovely, big garden with all it's charming places, tables and couchs, hammocks, tree house, etc. It's a little paradise in the middle of otherwise ugly Florida City. I would love to stay a couple of days longer, jump in that natural pool and enjoy the garden a bit longer.

Anyway, the room itself - double room with shared bathroom - was clean, bright, with good AC and a comfortable bed.
There is a fully equiped kitchen to use, and excellent coffee in the morning.

The hostel is a good starting place for Everglade trips, and also very close to John Pennekamp Coral Reef Park for snorkeling. Therefore, skip the boring, overpriced Key Largo Hotels and stay here - it's far better.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ramada Florida City
#9 of 12 in Florida City
3.0 of 5 stars 527 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City

Been to Everglades International Hostel? Share your experiences!