This is a haven surounded by the hustle and bustle of excessive consumption and strip mall america. The owners have managed to provide a tropical setting that sometimes makes you forget the outside world. That in itself is a feat.
It is unique in the services it provides and relatively affordable adventure tours. Bus service a short walk away on highway one. Good kitchen and a surprising variety of buildings to relax in. Not pricy so don't expect new ikea furniture.
I slept in my vw van but i undestand that the rooms are ok, perhaps a bit warm but you can sleep outide in tents and other buildings if need be. Good outside shower.
- Also Known As:
- Everglades International Hotel
- Everglades International Hotel Florida City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cozy laid back hostel just 10 miles from the Everglades National Park and Biscayne National Park, John Pennekamp State park and the Florida Keys are just 45 minutes south.The hostel offers Guided Everglades Tours, canoe rentals and bike rentals. Close to Schnebly Redland's Winery, Robert is Here fruit stand and the Everglades Alligator Farm for Airboat rides! Plus Skydive Miami, R.F. Orchids and Coral Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Everglades International Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.