“Very interesting and exciting tour with Karin (Careen)” 5 of 5 stars

305-248-8458
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: We like to say that Everglades City may have the name but we have everything else! Located in Florida City just 10 miles from the main entrance of the Everglades National Park. Tours in the Glades offers Guided Everglades Tours of all kinds. Full Day Tours, Morning Tours, Afternoon Tours and Night Walks. Sightseeing, Paddling with canoes or kayaks. Wet Walks or "Slough Slogs" as the locals say in the Cypress Domes. Alligator Watching, Bird watching and more.We also offer canoe rentals and all the info for a self guided tour. The national park service chose the East Coast for the main entrance for its unique opportunity to see 9 eco-systems in one day. We have 7 canoe trails from marine estuaries in Florida Bay to old moonshiner trails in the red mangrove. 6 biking trails through the Rock Pineland, Dwarf Cypress and sloughs and coastal marsh prairies. Hiking trails and easy boardwalks, overlooks and paved trails make a great day for all types of adventurers!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Nürnberg
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Very interesting and exciting tour with Karin (Careen)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2015

We (my wife Magda, my son Patrick and myself) enjoyed this full-day tour very much. We had a boat ride with kayaks and also short walks. Our group, guided by Careen, was a German speaking group, so Careen explained everything in German. We enjoyed watching the crocodiles and also saw turtles. Of course, we donated some blood to the mosquitos. Careen is really an expert when it comes to knowledge about the glades, history, flora and fauna of that region. I recommend very much such a trip to everybody who wants to get into close contact and wants to know more about the Everglades.

Visited August 2014

Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing tours, amazing tour guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2014

I did a Full Day Tour and Night Walk with Tours in the Glades, and it was one of the best experiences of my tourist life. Kayaking through mangroves and grassland filled with native fish and alligators...walking knee deep through swampy areas filled with cypress trees and exotic plants...watching a crocodile sleep on the bank and a manatee float lazily near a dock...seeing the abundant stars at night in Everglades National Park and seeing my flashlight reflect the eyes of swimming alligators and prehistoric fish...these are experiences that I will live with me for the rest of my life. The guide made all the difference. Caren is a trained biologist who is an expert on the Everglades, its history, and current developments. She gave me unique insight and context for what I saw and experienced, which made it far more meaningful than it would have been otherwise.

Visited December 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wow!!!👍👍”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Awesome day with an awesome Tour Guide (Caren with a ton of knowledge)...still super impressed! Thanks so much, danke.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome day! Would do it again in a heartbeat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Great full day adventure in the Everglades, with Anhinga trail (gators, turtles, birds galore), wet walk (gators, water moccasin, and just amazing beauty), kayak through mangroves (more gators and excitement). So much to see, so beautiful, so much adventure. Jeremy was an amazing guide, very knowledgable, interested, interesting, and really really enjoying sharing what he knew with us. He kept us safe from gators who weren't too pleased to see us, carried the kids through the deepest parts of the walk, and pointed out all sorts of things we wouldn't have noticed. I can't recommend this trip or Jeremy enough!

We're a family of two adults and an 8-year old. We saw people as old as 70 going with another group, so it's good for all ages. The groups are kept small (ours had a family of 5 and our family of 3).

Visited March 2014
Springfield, Missouri
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great way to view the Everglades and its animals~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

The Everglades National Park is beautiful. Couldn't believe how many alligators were right in front of us. Didn't have to go to an Alligator Park and big pay money to see them. There were several within a few feet of us. The birds and iguanas were amazing. Be prepared with your camera and good walking shoes. The boardwalk through the glades is long but worth it.

Visited March 2014