“Something for everyone” 5 of 5 stars

305-248-8458
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: We like to say that Everglades City may have the name but we have everything else! Located in Florida City just 10 miles from the main entrance of the Everglades National Park. Tours in the Glades offers Guided Everglades Tours of all kinds. Full Day Tours, Morning Tours, Afternoon Tours and Night Walks. Sightseeing, Paddling with canoes or kayaks. Wet Walks or "Slough Slogs" as the locals say in the Cypress Domes. Alligator Watching, Bird watching and more.We also offer canoe rentals and all the info for a self guided tour. The national park service chose the East Coast for the main entrance for its unique opportunity to see 9 eco-systems in one day. We have 7 canoe trails from marine estuaries in Florida Bay to old moonshiner trails in the red mangrove. 6 biking trails through the Rock Pineland, Dwarf Cypress and sloughs and coastal marsh prairies. Hiking trails and easy boardwalks, overlooks and paved trails make a great day for all types of adventurers!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Redruth, United Kingdom
“Something for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

From age 9 to age 69 there was something for everyone in our party - walking and tram tours, cycling, kayaking, and fantastic information about wildlife both animal and vegeatable

Visited March 2012

Fremont, California
“Can't get any better. Inspiring!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I wanted to congratulate you guys for an awesome team and great work! I went to everglades in Jan. I know it is way too late for me to write this review, but honestly the trip hasn't faded from my mind yet. In fact I wish to come back again and stay in the hostel and go for more tours.

I also want to thank Jeremy who was our guide. He was so much fun to be with, with loads of enthusiasm and many stories to share. The tour group was like a big family with people from diverse backgrounds coming together with an open mind and having fun under the sun.

Hats off to you Jeremy and the entire everglades team!

Visited January 2012
ottawa
“Booked through Everglades Int'l Hostel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Amazing! Our (barefoot!) guide was a former gator-tagger and has caught pythons (it's allowed because they are proliferating, thanks to idiots who let their unwanted 'pet' loose in the Glades) so we were in good hands. Kayaking in the morning was fabulous, and the gators were very close but not all riled up. We saw birds that watchers would freak out over. We saw a spoonbill roseate, a blue heron, a great white heron, vultures, ibis, osprey, wood stork, etc. We walked through a slough, stood in a gator hole (mama + babes nearby) and would do this trip again in a heartbeat.

Visited March 2012
Miami, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“Recommend highly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012 via mobile

We went on the morning paddle and mud walk today with guide Sean. After living in this area for years, we had never seen the Everglades like this and figured it was high time. Many of the other recent reviews described the experience well. We started with a kayak paddle at nine mile, where we saw lots of alligators, three roseated spoonbills, wood storks, and more. Seeing the mangroves from the water was stunning. The paddle was followed by the mud walk where we saw the male, female and baby alligators mentioned by others. Use their crappy shoes, not your own. We were the only two on this particular tour, so it was very personalized. Sean is terrific. He shares a lot of information and is extremely engaging. He clearly loves this. He gave us a few tips for our next visit. Anhinga Trail is great and we have been there many times, but you haven't seen the Everglades until you get down it it.

Reno, NV
12 attraction reviews
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I happened to stumble across the Tours in the Glades website a couple of days before our trip to South Florida. I always wanted to visit the Everglades but if I had not taken the tour, I would have been pretty disappointed because unless you get out of the car and get muddy, you haven’t really seen it.

My boyfriend and I are not outdoorsy types at all but that did not stop us from immensely enjoying the tour. We took the afternoon tour and Sean was our guide. He knew the area like the back of his hand. He told us a lot of interesting facts about the Everglades and the area on the way to our destinations. He took us to an alligator hole and told us how to walk through quicksand and how not to get bitten by snakes. We got to see a mother gator with several babies as well as a large male gator catching fish. There were lots of different species of lizards, birds, fish, trees, and Sean knew all of their names and everything about them. When we went kayaking on the Nine Mile Pond, Sean was very patient with me explaining how to paddle because I had never done it before. The places he showed us there were truly amazing.. He took us through mangrove tree tunnels and we had alligators swim under our kayaks.

The tour was fantastic. This will be one of the few experiences I will always remember. It was worth every penny. Definitely would recommend to everyone visiting South Florida, and next time I am in the area, I will be back for another tour.

Visited February 2012