“I definitely got my fill of alligators here...” 3 of 5 stars

South Florida Explorer Pass
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Flamingo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Get up close and personal with thousands of alligators at this alligator farm.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Kahului, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“I definitely got my fill of alligators here...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's an interesting place to learn about alligators, it's habitats and it's habits. My family, including 1 young boy and 1 pre-teen, really enjoyed the air boat ride because of the intentional fast maneuvering the driver did to make splashes. It was so noisy that the driver did not attempt on giving information during the ride. We all had to wear ear plugs. We were able to see some alligators, but not many. The snake and alligator show was interesting. We got to hold a baby alligator and a snake at the end. The feeding of the alligators was not for the faint of heart. We watched alligators snatch up dead rats from the feeder. The snack shop had alligator jerky, alligator sandwich...The gift shop had alligator teeth and claws for souvenirs. There was a wall decor of alligator skin. I definitely had my fill of alligators here in this small establishment.
The only reservation I have is that the alligators were exploited for the tourists benefits. I kind of had a bad taste in my mouth and it's not because of the alligator sandwich I tried. I think if you could overlook that, it's an interesting place to see. I would recommend for others to go see it for themselves and they can form their own opinion, but I think I had my fill.

Winter Springs, FL
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“What a great family destination - do not miss this one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

So, if you are staying in Florida City / Homestead, this is the closest place offering air boat rides. At first, I thought it would be cheesy, but it was great - and was the highlight of the trip for me, my wife and two teen age boys.

The farm itself is neat - tons of gators being bred, including many in a semi-natural pond setting. You get to see crocs, too, and there's also a reptile house with some interesting snakes. We were also pleasantly surprised to find a Florida Panther in a decent sized enclosure. It was great seeing one up close. (apparently the panther was rescued and not capable of being re-released into the wild.

The shows are good, very quick, but entertaining. Make sure you get there for one of their feeding times (I think 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM).

The staff was just great. Super-friendly and very accommodating from the woman we bumped into in the parking lot with the crazy hair, to the person selling tickets to the animal handlers and air boat operators.

The air boat ride lasts about 20-25 minutes and is fantastic. Some cool paths through the woods and then a high speed jaunt through the river of grass, including a handful of hairpin turns.

The total cost was about $20 per person, and that included the air boat ride.

Tips:
The farm itself requires about one hour of time to explore
Their is a food truck on premises but no formal restaurant
Bring some cash for tips - the drivers and performers have tip jars and you'll probably want to throw them some cash.
LAst show/ride is around 4:30

vancouver
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Well worth the stop... well run and a "DO NOT MISS"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

So... My husband says"the airboats are cool dude". I say that this establishment is well worth the stop. Affordable Affordable... and did I mention Affordable... well run and clean.

Do not drive by this Farm.... you will have missed out on a cool experience.

Fort Pierce, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A not to be missed bargain afternoon out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Loved the live animal handling shows! The air Boat ride was awesome! The staff w're so friendly and knowledgeable! Highly recommended!

1 Thank LesleyD10
Tell City, Indiana
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“GREAT PLACE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Well worth every penny spent to tour this Alligator farm and take a fun air-boat ride. Holding a baby gator was great too, it isn't everyday you get that chance! The staff was super friendly and were willing to talk with you about their farm. Snack bar not too good and somewhat pricey but if you have never had gator, it is a good way to taste it...YUM!