“We liked it.” 4 of 5 stars

Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Get up close and personal with thousands of alligators at this alligator farm.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto, Canada
38 attraction reviews
“We liked it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Some of the other reviews are not too kind on this place and I can see their points. Still, my wife and son came away really enjoying the experience and my son loved the Gator Bites (deep-fried pieces of alligator), but then anything deep-fried is going to taste good.
I wanted a quick, action-packed air boat ride that got us wet and this was it.
It was a farm and the animals are all keep in pens which is what I expected. I would rather see farmed animals in pens then to have wild animals hunted and I guess farmers just never treat animals the way that you think they do. George Orwell brought this out when he said that farmers don't like animals and have no time for creatures that aren't making them money. That is for us 'city people' to do, I guess.
I liked it better than a zoo because they didn't mind my son touching the tortoise, which is what he really wanted to do more than anything else.

Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Great family place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Bring all friends and family all the time. Sit back and hold on tight this is an airboat ride you will never forget. Our airboat caption knew everything about the Everglades he was a wealth of information. The alligator show well get your heart pumping guaranteed. I had a great time at Everglades Alligator Farm I totally recommended visiting this attraction. Don't forget to snap a picture with the famous 14ft "Grandpa" alligator.

Visited August 2012
Sigourney, Iowa
10 attraction reviews
“Airboat through the Everglades.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We took the Airboat Ride and toured the Alligator Farm. All of the employees were fun, friendly and helpful. The Airboat ride was one of the highlights of our Florida trip, we got to see many Alligators while zipping through the swamp. Very Fun~our air boat driver was funny and made the ride enjoyable doing some manuevers.
The Snake show was informative and we even got to touch the snakes, and the Alligator show was fun to watch and we got to hold baby Alligators.
There are growing pens for the baby alligators and you can buy food and feed them. The older ones were eager to be feed. there was a cafe/snack shop available.

London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Worth a visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Leaving aside any of the animal rights issues (which I have some sympathy towards), this was an enjoyable visit. The basic entry fee was $15 but for an extra $8 you can add the airboat ride ... so we did. Although I agree with other reviewers that the 'show off' aspect of the ride was a bit irritating, I nonetheless felt that the experience was worth the $8 and our guide did add quite a bit of useful information along the way.

The attraction itself was, in my view, an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours and worth the entry fee.

One major disappointment was the on-site cafe which was terrible. I have since e-mailed the Farm about this but disappointingly received no reply.

Visited February 2013
“Alligator Shame”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a travesty to the entire species of alligators. Maybe we found this place very disturbing because we just came from the Everglades Nat'l Park seeing alligators entirely in their natural habitat. We knew going here that the AF was farming alligators, but seriously?! If left me and my family feeling sick and disheartened at the way companies are allowed to keep animals. We went to the AF mainly for the 10 min airboat ride, which is why this place gets a star. Our guide was excellent and patient pointing out some of the local creatures and giving us a guilty pleasure of a ride. We're looking to our visit at the more natural Wild Bird Rehabilitation Center in Tavernier.