“Very cool, informative and fun” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Get up close and personal with thousands of alligators at this alligator farm.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Portales, New Mexico
14 attraction reviews
“Very cool, informative and fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

From a mom who's little scientist loved this place. All shorts of gators at all ages. Don't forget to take the air boat ride, so worth the extra 7 bucks

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“A good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The farm is not a "must-see" but it is worth a go. You can have an Airboat tour which takes you on the water at high speed - too short, you never want it to end - and you can walk around to see alligators and other species... It's like a mini-zoo!
Make sure you check out the "dangerous snakes" area at the entrance and the feeding of the gators around the central pond. Worth seeing it!

Visited December 2012
Ocala, Florida
24 attraction reviews
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was actually kind of surprised by this place. Having grown up in Florida I have been to a few alligator parks over the years and typically they are run down tourist traps. This place on the other hand was pretty good and made for a great addition to our Everglades visit. I think what the best part was the airboat tour. Though short, the guide was wonderful (I think he called himself Psycho Paul) and made the trip so much more fun. Also I was nice to be able to hang around after the alligator show and get to hold one of the young gators. Kids would love that too! I made a short video of our visit and put it on my website at http://www.forgottencompass.com/2012/07/the-everglades.html

Visited March 2012
“Great time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I are both active duty, so we got in free and the airboat ride was free as well. And we had a great time. My husband enjoyed feeding the ducks haha and discovering the other birds go crazy for food. And we also enjoyed the shows. The ride was awesome too. Saw quite a few alligators, pretty up close. And a rather large turtle. Overall we had a lot of fun.

London
32 attraction reviews
“Not for me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We visited this place because we wanted to be sure to see an alligator and we saw plenty. However it isn't my sort of place so I can't be very positive about the experience. We saw a snake show which was amusing, if predictable. The airboat ride was very noisy but we were warned. On the slow bit we saw some beautiful birds such as the spoonbill and there were several alligators. When the boat picked up speed I kept wanting it to slow down so that I could see more off the Everglades but obviously speeding and swooping is what most people want so I was in the minority. The thing that made me really mad was the regular asking for tips/gratuities at the end of each show and the boat trip. The farm charges plenty to visitors so why don't they pay their staff enough - or do they?

Visited December 2012