“Cheap, but Great location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Front Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagler Beach
Beach Front Motel
1544 S Oceanshore Blvd., Flagler Beach, FL 32136   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Flagler Beach B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Cheap, but Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

If you have animals and need an inexpensive place to stay on the ocean this is a good deal, the rooms are old,but are kept clean. It is a fiftish old Florida motel on a quiet stretch of A1A, the restaurant next door has a good breakfast and lunch, but be prepared for a long wait. The rooms are a bit dreary.

Room Tip: Stay near the front, room 19 is the best one for view and has a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Danbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We have stayed at this motel numerous times over the past 25 years because it's close to the beach and to family living in the area. It was always a good value and there were usually other families with children staying here. Our kids loved being able to boogie board and the beach was usually not crowded. We have many happy memories of staying here in years past.
We checked in with the intention of staying for 4 nights. We checked out after 1 night. Because we have stayed here before, we weren't expecting a 4 star hotel, however, this time it was barely a 1. Even the proximity to the beach didn't make it worth staying there. First of all, one of the bed frames had broken and the bed was held up by 3 cinder blocks. Not a nice thing to hit your bare foot against. The tile floors were disgusting. If you got out of the shower and walked to the bed, you had to wash your feet. The beds were horrible. They were stained, ripped and very old. Blinds were held up with duck tape and kept falling down. The dead bolt didn't work and we put a chair in front of the door. The linens were old and stained and the bathmat had a chunk missing from it.
They are also renting out rooms for extended stays. The breaking point for me was when I saw the room next door had a cook stove and a 20 lb. propane tank INSIDE the room. At least one of the people staying in that room was a smoker. I did not feel safe at all. I was told by the gentlemen who was staying in that room that I shouldn't worry because it was safe because he took it outside to cook.
It is very unfortunate that the hotel has fallen into such disrepair and is attracting a different clientele. We ended up going to Ormond and staying in a beach front hotel in a very nice room with a kitchen as well as a balcony facing the ocean and overlooking the pool for just a bit more money. It’s sad to say that after 25 years, we won’t be returning to the Beach Front Motel.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Wish someone had told us.... This was a bad place to stay!
Dirty, old, stained second hand furniture in room. Ceiling paint crumbling off. Mildew in bathroom. No clothes hangers. No WiFi to second story. Loud drinkers on balcony outside our room till midnight with door slamming all night long. Ice Machine was scary. Vending machine not working.
Sketchy "long stay" clientele at patio most of night...loud. Air conditioner looked like it had fungus all over the outside....I refused to turn it on in case I caught some lung disease from it. It was a long two nights. Oddly enough the mattress was very comfortable and the sheets we had were clean. Won't be back.......ever.

Room Tip: Keep driving.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Rooms are large and clean. Most have view of the ocean which is right across the street. The clerk, Billy, was awesome. Gave us lots of information on the area and treated us like special guests. Will definately be back. Price is great also.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed a the Beach Front for a week in February of 2012. It was clean and well-run. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. It's an older motel, but that's what you should expect for the amount paid and to stay across the street from a beautiful beach. Hopefully I'll be back again in the future!

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure they take pets too. The rooms are not carpeted, and you'll be shocked at ho...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed here for two nights Labor Day weekend, just for a quick last minute getaway from Lake Mary. This is not a fancy luxury property. If that's what you're looking for, you don't need to bother even with the Flagler Beach area. But if you just want to relax, have some drinks, and decent reasonably priced food, then this is perfect. The property is across the street from the beach, and it has no pool. We had room Number 2 with a King size bed. The linens and mattresses seem a little old and worn out, but generally clean, and comfortable enough. I was worried about that so I brought my own pillow and blanket and was glad I did. My husband was not bothered at all by the motel items. The room has a fridge, a toaster oven, a microwave, and a coffee pot. And an old fashioned TV that was fine for when we were in the room, which was really only to sleep. You can bring your dog to this hotel which I know is important to many people. We walked to Martins and to Oceanside to eat several times. These two restaurants are maybe a half mile south of the motel and are reasonably priced and have good food. To the north, you may want to drive, to the pier or to Finns, a fun rooftop bar with great ocean views.We had a great time in a neat area where you don't have dress up, and there are no pretentious snobs putting on airs as you might fine elsewhere.

Room Tip: I guess if you rally want a view of the water from your room you need to be upstairs (no elevator) a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Mt. Dora
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel two years ago and loved it. Yes, it is just a simple, no-frills hotel, but being across the street from the beach and clean and quiet, we loved it. The $49.00 a night rate was perfect for what was offered. However, we went again this last weekend for my husband's birthday and we were brokenhearted. We were psyched for a wonderful overnight stay and it turned out to be a fiasco. We had a first floor room between what appeared to be two extended stay couples who were loud, smokers with dogs. The recycle bins scattered on both floors were full of beer bottles. We spent the day at the beach and came back to our room for a nap in the afternoon but were awakened by the maid who tried to come into our room at 4:30 pm even though we yelled to her that the room was occupied. Our neighbors made such a racket we couldn't sleep. Finally, my husband went to the manager and asked to be moved upstairs. The manager gave him attitude and said he didn't want to move us. My husband insisted and we got a room right above the noisy neighbors. This room turned out to be marginally better. However, the sheets were so worn we could feel the mattress beneath it and during the night, I woke up with the bottom sheet pulled off and my leg touching the bare mattress which was older than I was. In the tub was a long, black hair that did not belong to my husband or I. I freaked out. All we expected was a decently clean hotel room and it turned out to be disgusting. In addition to that, we payed $64.00 for the privilege of being there. I DO NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Front Motel? Share your experiences!