“Quaint Old World Charm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Topaz Hotel / Motel

Save Saved
You added Topaz Hotel / Motel to your Saves list
Topaz Hotel / Motel
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1224 South Ocean Shore Blvd, Flagler Beach, FL 32136   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Flagler Beach B&B and Inns
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Quaint Old World Charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Absolutely in love with this hotel. Easy beach access and wonderful staff! The efficiency room was very nice and clean. The bed was incredibly comfortable. We decided to upgrade to one of the antique rooms and it's AMAZING! Just the history alone is worth the price. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Best rooms are in the historic main building which houses a wealth of historic artifacts. Other rooms are just average. Pool is very clean and warm. The worst thing about Flagler Beach is having to cross a busy road to get to the beach.

• Stayed July 2013
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a family day at the beach. We chose the Topaz because they accept pets and Flagler Beach allows dogs on the beach. The room we stayed in (118) has been updated with new flooring, bath fixtures and more. It was thoroughly cleaned and suited us perfectly.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
McIntosh, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Deck not swept. Did not want to refund key deposit. Bed like sleeping on a board. Tv not hooked up. Wi fi did not reach room. Parking a problem. Would not stay agian if it was free. Cig butts and apple core on deck. Plumbing problems! Drain not hooked up to tub properly. Shower backs up. Fire sprinklers most likely dont work as spackled over !

Room Tip: Not a safe place if you have kids
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I think this motel fits the area well. It's right across the street from the beach with beautiful views of the ocean and pier from the 2nd floor rooms. I recommend the upper floor for anyone who can climb stairs. There was a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and a table/chairs if you want to have breakfast in the room. Our room was cleaned daily, and we had no cleanliness problems.
I never stayed at the Topaz back in the day, so I can't make comparisons, but our experience was just fine-and the location and price were right!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had reserved a room, but we were having difficulty reserving it. They said earlier that they had a room, but there was a miscommunication and we had to try another one, which was exactly the same as the one we had originally reserved, but this one had ants by what you could call the "kitchen" area, dirty sheets and it smelled like smoke. Also, we asked for some room service kindly, but the maid never came. This hotel had very poor quality, however the location was beautiful. I truly love that part. I reccomend staying in a different place, but near the same location.

• Stayed September 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

It's been 2 months since I stayed at the Topaz and it has taken that long for me to cool down over the entire experience. This place does not know the meaning of good customer service. Just booking the room was a difficult task. Multiple times I was told there was a room only to find out there wasn't - the clerk that handled the reservations clearly didn't have a clue as to what was available. Upon check-in, there were several guest who had issues with their reservations and that should have been my first clue to RUN! Our room was apparently going though some repair work. You could see ceiling had recently been sprayed with plaster and drippings of plaster and plaster dust were everywhere adn on everything, including the drapes, furniture, walls, ceiling fan, and framed photo's hanging on the walls. Even the ceiling fire sprinkles were still taped up with painters tape! I'm sure the Fire Marshall would have had a field day with that violation. I expressed my concerns to Michael (manager) and he told me he'd look at the room to verify the issues. This process took several hours and when I managed to track him down again he told me there was nothing he could do. It was late in the day and there were no other rooms available, I continued to express my dissatisfaction and eventually Michael told me he would credit me $10. on the room. Really?? Ten bucks! I would have been perfectly fine if he would have sent housekeeping up to clean the room of the plaster dust and took the painters tape off the sprinkler heads! I saw Michael when we checked out the next morning and, once again, I expressed that I was not a happy customer and would not be returning to the Topaz due to a lack of customer service. And once again, Michael didn't seem to care. On a different note, the BLUE restaurant is wonderful! Make sure to request seating in the actual restaurant or on the deck otherwise you'll find youself seated in the common area of the Topaz Hotel with hotel guest wander through your dining experience (dogs and all!). No centeral air in this facility so it tends to be very humid and musty smelling. And if you plan on being out late, you can expect to have some issues getting into the hotel after hours since the card reader doesn't work very well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Topaz Hotel / Motel? Share your experiences!