“Awesome Shack!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Marietta, Georgia
“Awesome Shack!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This place is a small Cafe that looks bad on the outside but is full of awesome on the inside. The food was to die for. The burgers were huge (3/4LB) and packed full of flavor and the fish was cooked perfect and had a ton of taste. If your looking for a local friendly place to eat while at the beach I would check this place out! The tables are new picnic style tables and it's right across from the ocean. Not one bad thing to say about our Friday night dinner there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Giant Burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

They are located right across from the ocean and you can get a table by the windows to watch the waves. In this little town of Flagler, no one can build on the ocean side. They have a good sized menu but we chose the burgers and they are big and juicy. They were best I've had and I had the onion rings for my side, which are hand dipped! Very good service and very friendly. We went early, to avoid the six o'clock rush and were in and out before there were 20 people outside waiting. It's a tiny place, but it's a winner....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“WOW!! What a Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was heading from the mountains of NC to the SE Coast of Florida. Had no idea where to stop for lunch. Tried to find a quiet place. Turtle Shack Cafe came up on my search. Sounded backwater and unpredictable - "don't let the appearance stop you". I drove along the beach watching birds and Spring breakers sleeping on the beach. Drove right past it. It was in a small cluster of beach / shell / shark teeth shops. My GPS got me turned around and I almost missed it again. BUT - what a gem. I have loved blue crab cakes since I was a a kid. 40s-50s. I haven't found a good crab cake since I visited Cantler's near Annapolis. The crab cake was huge and momma didn't put no fillers in it. I couldn't give the food and the staff (3?) and higher rating. Cant wait to get back there. There are two rooms and a kitchen and it feels very cozy. Looks like locals and a few travelers like me stop there. What fun and great food. Even there Key Lime Pie tasted authentic and my blood sugar level registered: Yipes.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbus
“Flagler's best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This shack has it all. There is nothing on this menu that will disappoint you. We have tried most everything, but the desserts because there is no room for more. There is a great beer selection, light bites, appetizers, full entrees, burgers and salads. The crab cakes are outstanding and so is the clam chowder. The service is excellent. Give yourself a treat and go to the Turtle Shack.

Washington, New Jersey
“Great hole in the wall burger joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you're a fan of burgers this is the place for you. Make sure to add it to your gps because you will ride right by it if you don't. Right across from the beach. Great view. Went here after golfing with a few buddies. They recommended the burgers and they were spot on. 3/4 lb of burger slapped between two slightly grilled buns. They have a bunch of different combos for your burger. I went traditional. It was huge and perfectly cooked. They also have a nice selection of tap beer. Overall great place to hang out by the beach and grab a bite and drink.

• Visited March 2013