“Anniversary” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Flagler Beach B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this inn for our anniversary upon recommendation of a friend. We stayed in the top floor room of the main house that had a private balcony. The room has tons of light and is very cheery, so much so that in the morning you won't be able to sleep in. :)

The bed was comfortable , and they use the same sheets the Canyon Ranch spa uses , so they are very luxurious feeling. Our room had a tiny fridge and they provided bottled water ,comfy spa robes and pool/beach towels. (Some of the downstairs rooms looked dark so I would stick to the balcony room or maybe the top rooms in the second building , or the room off of the mineral pool in the building by the spa.)

Be aware the ocean is across the street. But it is only a 2- lane street and there are no buildings blocking your view. At times the street did get pretty busy.

I wouldn't say the property is as nice as it looks in pictures. What I mean by that is that we stay in a lot of 4-5 star resorts, at times for the same amount of money we paid here. I expected bedding/furnishings/bathroom to be a bit more upscale for $200 plus a night...I guess it is just that it could use a little bit of paint here and there and maybe nicer bedspreads, just little things that would give it a little more upscale feel. They did have some cool antiques, and I think it is important to note that most of the properties on the beach are older homes in general so they don't expect a modern feel. (Our bathroom had dark green tile and marble sinks with a gold trimmed shower- very outdated but very clean.)

The main room is light and airy , and you have a fantastic view of the ocean while you enjoy breakfast. We thought breakfast was great, especially the omelets and yummy homemade breads with orange butter. (Quiche was just so-so) There is also a cute coffee shop directly next door too that serves breakfast items and has outside and inside seating.

The pool area is small but has seating and lounge chairs-overall it is cute and relaxing. They have mellow music playing in the main room of the house and outside around the pool as well , which adds to the ambiance. The mineral pool was our favorite. Since it is primarily an adult inn they let you stay in the pool as late as you want , as long as you aren't super loud. We floated around staring up at the stars for hours on floats they provide.(Yes, you can actually see stars in Flagler!) The pool is just the perfect temperature of warmth (not as hot as a hot tub) and was probably the neatest thing about the inn. We were lucky because we were the only ones in it.

They have older bikes available so we used them to take rides along the ocean in the morning which was awesome. They also provide plenty of umbrellas and beach chairs for you to use as well. I really think the inn is in an excellent location. It is close enough to walk or bike to places but not too close that you have to worry about noise from surrounding businesses.

I read the review that said the staff was "snobby" I have a hard time believing this because the customer service was excellent. The staff and the owners were very friendly and accommodating even when we couldn't make it out of Orlando in time for our spa appointments that night and had to reschedule them for the next day.

Speaking of the spa, I work in the spa industry and I have done some consulting so I am pretty particular...I think the spa was cute. (it is tiny). They had some cool Japanese decorations, but I agree with a previous reviewer that it is too light. They need to darken it up a bit with some low lighting or LED candles. The massage room was very light, although when they flip you over they do use an eye pillow. They also use hot aromatherapy towels with the couples massage which I loved. My therapist Tammy, was excellent and had 12 years experience. My husband said his therapist had great pressure (we did deep tissue massage) but that she needed to slow down a bit because her movements weren't fluid or flowing and she went a little too fast. Something that is easily fixable so hopefully the spa will read this review. We have had a lot of massage so I feel he is a pretty good judge. He still said that he felt much more relaxed then when we went in and she worked out some tight areas he had. I didn't have a facial but they use Yonka products which is a good line and everything smells fabulous so I am sure that their facials are great.

All in all I would recommend this inn, I do hope they do a little updating with the décor because then it could be really amazing. I think it would be a cute inn to rent out for a small wedding party so I am going to recommend it to a friend of mine as well.

My husband and I will probably return somewhere down the road and I know if I sent my parents there for a weekend they would love the inn as it is (they aren't quite as picky as we are!) ***This was our first time to Flagler Beach and we explored the beaches north of us. They are really pretty and generally secluded which is nice. It is a very slow pace so don't expect a bunch of night life but there are a few bars. We went to Marineland and went kayaking which was awesome. It is a short drive from St. Augustine too so you could easily go there for the day as well. I recommend exploring the little towns between Flagler and St. Augustine, Bing Landing had some of the best BBQ we have ever had and we used to live in Texas!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
North Port, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I came to the White Orchid Inn to celebrate our 6 year anniversary and to enjoy a last getaway before the birth of our second child. Every detail was so well thought out from the fresh bottles of water left in our room each day to the beautiful antique glassware used at meals. The breakfasts as well as the Happy Hour were all very good; well presented and offered a nice variety. The spa was heavenly and I do not recommend missing out on an opportunity to get pampered by a very caring and sweet staff. My husband really enjoyed the quiet pace of Flagler Beach and though our trip was not " action packed" we left feeling refreshed. The owners were great taking the time to really connect with us each day and also offering advice on dining and activities in the area. We stayed in the Courtyard / Lilac room which was very large and roomy with a comfortable king size bed. Some of the best sleep I have had away from home! Also my husband especially loved the warm mineral pool. This is a place not to be missed!

Room Tip: Stayed in the Courtyard/ Lilac room. Detached from the main house, close to the pools, nice king si...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have returned time and time again to the White Orchid Inn, primarily because of the ambiance and the staff. The rooms are always clean and well-maintained. The mineral pool is delightful, and we have spent many hours lounging by the swimming pool. Bob and Karen, the owners, are fantastic at anticipating needs and making you feel that you are part of the charm that is Flagler Beach. Their breakfasts are wonderful, and their happy hour dips are fantastic. We will continue to visit the White Orchid Inn, although we almost don't want others to find out how great it is (we want to be able to get reservations)!

Room Tip: The rooms in the main house can get noisy in the early mornings with breakfast prep. The rooms adja...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I once again made another visit to my favorite place. I travel all over the world for work and when I go on vacation...I always run here. I live in Orlando so it's an easy get away. I don't know of another place that has the view, pricing, amenities (no children policy, spa on site, delicious breakfast and social hour) and service then you will find here. In addition to absolutely lovely rooms. All I can say is on my next few days away it will be here again! Love it.

Room Tip: They are all lovely...but my personal preference is any of the three in the main house.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Last minute accommodation and spa treatments made my 2 day 1 night stay memorable and peaceful just what I needed coming off a 9 day work week. I had a body wrap by Tammy that was cruise ship quality. Full Service Spa. Amazing attention to detail was given by the owners. Seasoned restaurant owners themselves, the presentation of each meal was 5 star material. The fresh flowers and beautiful Japanese style landscaping, made for a pleasant experience strolling through the pool areas. Having glass glasses to drink from to nice large beach towels already in the room, made it even more special. Can't wait to bring my friends there.

Room Tip: I had the Flamingo Room which I think was comfortable for 1 cozy for 2. Want to get a balcony view w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed in the courtyard lilac room which was right off the pool. The inn is right across the street from the beach, and has great views of the sunrise (if you're up that early). Breakfast is delicious and the spa is small but nice. Don't expect big city spa treatments though- reflexology was more of a hand and foot massage. They have bikes you can borrow and the pool is great. Only negative is that the main house doesn't open until 8:30 for breakfast. Shelly was super helpful and friendly. Bed was really comfortable but we could hear noise next door.

Room Tip: No noise from outside, but walls are sort of thin.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed in Flamingo Room first night which has your own private area for mineral pool. Very convenient to have pool outside door, however the 'room to move' upstairs is much better because you have a view of the beach and it is bigger. Matter of preference, both very nice!
Bob and Karen who run White Orchid are so friendly, they take your order and serve a beautiful breakfast every morning. Quiet, quaint, friendly bed and breakfast. I highly recommend it, best deal in town for the price. LOVED it had two pools, one mineral pool Both pools were just us swimming which was nice!. They do not allow children under 15 and no pets, so it is QUIET!!! Also Flagler fish company is walking distance for dinner, beach across street has waves! Walk the pier for $1.50 it's worth it!!! I will return LOVED it!

Room Tip: The first night we stayed in Flamingo room downstairs, second night we went to a room upstairs whic...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The White Orchid Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!