“Excellent seafood!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Excellent seafood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have dined at Martin's on numerous occasions and have never had a bad meal or service experience. The restaurant is situated along state highway A1A and offers a wonderful view of the Atlantic Ocean. Lunch and dinner alike have been superbly prepared and we have never regretted any menu choice, whether seafood or beef. The seating is usually very prompt and service is always very good. In the off season, when we usually frequent it, the restaurant has more of a laid back "locals" feel than that of a loud touristy place, which really appeals to us. The prices are quite reasonable for the quality and quantity of the food they serve. Meals we've enjoyed there - even the lunches - usually require asking for a takeout box, thus providing a tasty snack later! Martin's is pretty darned hard to beat in that part of the world.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

62% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Food Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

The King Cut prime rib is a monster. My 2 teens got one and shared it, couldn't finish it and they are carnivores! We had Conch fritters and calamari both awesome. The shrimp special was great and the prices are
excellent. Great value and
wait staff was more than accommodating.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lady Lake, Fl
“Great food and service. Seafood and prime rib both were excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

It was all good. Service food atmosphere. Price was good as well.
Prime rib was cooked to perfection. Ample servings and nice view of the ocean.

Visited May 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
“What a meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We dined at Martin's on a Thursday evening. We were promptly greeted and we were shown to a table with an ocean view.When I aksed if we were in time for "happy hour", we were told that happy hour was at the bar only, but the (alcoholic) drink prices were low, anyway. (Later, when given the bill and I saw that a 14 oz. mug of draft beer was $1.75, I agreed!). Our watress brought us our drinks and a basket of hot rolls and a tub of butter soft, spreadable whipped butter!) and took our order. Salads, generous portions, arrived shortly afterwards. About 20 minutes later, our meals arrived. We had both ordered the regular cut of prime rib (the smallest on the menu), and since my wife had ordered hers "very well done", that was the reason for the "long delay", according to our waitress. As always, the portions of beef were enormous. The 13 ounce size we ordered turned out to be somewhere between 22 and 24 ounces, at least 2 inches thick. And my wife's prime rib was cooked completely through, with absolutely no pink! My medium prime rib was pink, not red, throughout, exactly as it should have been. And it had that wonderful chargrilled beef flavor. The fact that one cut with the knife sliced through the meat completely indicated just how tender it was. Our baked potatoes, served exactly as we had ordered them, were also large. The side of asparagus was cooked crisp. During the meal, the owner-manager came to the table - twice - to make sure all was well, which it was.
When we asked for and got the bill, I was astounded! A beer, a soda (refilled twice), 2 full huge prime rib dinners, an extra side of asparagus, and rolls and butter: $34.00. And with a view of the ocean (no charge!!!!!!).
Needless to say, we will be back (again and again and again!)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fresh seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great restaurant! The cook is my Mom/Stepfather's neighbor, so my wife and I are always excited to take a trip from NC to visit them since we go every single time, no exceptions. I am looking forward to eating steak over there next time, as my Mom has eaten at the "famous" Angus Barn up here in Raleigh (yes, the same one where the head chef beat the Iron Chef) and she believes the steak is actually better at Martin's. I understand the shrimp is brought in fresh every day also.

• Visited December 2012