“A planned stay that we could not make...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach

You added Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2549 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
New York
“A planned stay that we could not make...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

While on vacation in north FL, we had planned a 2 night stay @ this location. The evening before check-in, we were notified of a family emergency in the south/central part of the state & possible need of our assistance. We were called again the following morning & asked if we could make the 4 hour drive (one way) asap. As we were scheduled to check-in later that day, we were well inside the 24 hr cancellation period & just figured we would have to eat the 1st night's fee. Well, we were directed by central reservations to contact the hotel directly. Jacob @ this Hampton location was both kind & understanding of our situation. After explaning, he did not even hesitate waiving the fee (being the 1st night's stay). Wanted to share w/ everyone that uses Trip Advisor that even under stressful circumstances, sometimes things can come together. Although things are still a bit dicey w/ our uncle, we are returning to "vacation mode" today by heading to the south west coast. We hope to get to Amelia Island on our next stop to FL, perhaps in 2014. We love Hampton Inn, they have always been our preference in the Hilton group. THANKS AGAIN HAMPTON FOR A WONDERFUL (NON-)STAY!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Tallahassee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The rooms here are extremely small, but clean. The beds were comfortable, they were VERY pet friendly, decent breakfast. The staff was very nice- overall it was a weird mix between motel and hotel, but not in a bad way. I don't like that 3 means average, because it was GOOD- just not "very good" because of the room size. All rooms overlook parking lots, and the pool is smaller than many people have in their own backyards. The dining area is very nice, and we walked, with our dog, to the beach every day of our stay. Great location, everything here in is super close. "Downtown Fernandina" which I LOOOOOVE was about 2 1/2 miles, took just minutes. I love Fernandina, can't want to go back. I would stay here again if I have my dog with me. Overall pleasant.

** stayed here in March 2013**

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bluffton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

As a senior kayaker I like staying at a convenient hotel that offers a quick breakfast, clean room & easy internet access. This Hampton Inn lived up to those expectations. The front staff was very welcoming and answered all my questions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Canton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great room! Cost was very fair, competitive. The location is close to the beach. The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff at the front desk did a great job. I didn't have a chance to use the pool, but the area was clean and looked very nice. Overall, I will staff here again if my travels take me back to this area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Lake Worth FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Good value; clean rooms; close to the beach - could see the ocean from my window, within walking distance of several restaurants; hotel provided free shuttle service to the Shrimp festival in downtown area for the weekend - was not aware of this feature until I checked in but definitely used it - very convenient - the ladies at the front desk were awesome. The ladies running the transport vehicles were also - shared with several other hotels on Sadler Road. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I booked a King suite for me and my two kids for a two night stay on Amelia Island. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave plus 2 TVs. The room was comfortable and clean. I do remember why I don't like staying in hotels at the beach though. There is no view and no where to hang wet beach towels! Last time we went, we got a condo with a balcony and that was much nicer. If you do stay, ask for a room on the side that faces the water. You might be able to see something! This hotel is the 3rd one back from the road you cross to get to the beach. The Amelia Inn and Days Inn are just a bit closer but I have never stayed in either of those. You can easily walk to Sliders, which looked like a fun place but we did not visit, and Dairy Queen, which my kids loved! The breakfast was typical and the breakfast area was quite large. I would stay here again if I could not find a condo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor on the east side and you may get a glimpse of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Hampton Inns always offer a nice breakfast and great beds. This one was no exception to that rule! The staff was very friendly and helpful. We found that there are great restaurants and many places of interest, plus fishing and river cruises, in the Fernandina Beach area. You really need several days to do everything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach? Share your experiences!