“Pet friendly Room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2549 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 10 hotels in Fernandina Beach
Valdosta, Georgia
“Pet friendly Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Made reservation trough Hilton Reservations number. They assured me there was no additional pet fees charged at hotel....... There was. They charge $25 per pet. We had one small dog (yorkie). This was the first time we have traveled with a pet so I was nervous of the room (germaphobe here). The room was clean and didn't smell as I thought it might! They gave a list of pet friendly restaurants nearby. The beach was just a small walk and you are able to walk the dog down by the beach there. Overall I would return. Breakfast was good but you had to wait. I don't think they were prepared for the crowd!

Room Tip: We had a pet friendly room and a regular nonsmoking. Both were good. Room on second floor ac didn...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. This was our first trip to Amelia Island, so I did not know where the best place to stay would be, but this worked perfectly for us. We were able to walk to the beach after we checked in, have dinner at Sliders, and enjoy a stroll before sunset. We drove the downtown area the next day, and enjoyed walking around, stopping in the shops, walking down by the riverfront, and gawking at all the beautiful houses around the historic district, but we preferred to come back to a quieter spot with plenty of parking. The staff was very friendly - when Ava checked us in, she gave us all sorts of information about what to do on the island, brochures, maps, etc. We had a problem with our door, and Keela and Angela from Housekeeping took care of getting everything straightened out and taken care of. We were very happy with our stay and would stay there again on our next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Clermont, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a clean and quiet hotel. Easy access to beach. The staff was helpful with directions and recommending good places to dine. Breakfast was ok. The eggs were rubbery, but the rest was good. I appreciated the fresh fruit. Great fresh baked cookies at 4pm. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just a short walk and you are at the beach. The hotel provides the basics, the usual Hampton Inn. The room was clean and quiet. Was a little disappointed with breakfast, I arrived halfway through the service and there was hardly anything left. I spoke with reception to determine if they would refill the items and was given an impolite response.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The good I can say is thatI had a King room and it was pretty big and spacious and the tv channels were good as well. They said it was pet friendly but I didn't feel like they were really friendly towards pets. My husband was asked to not walk the dogs through the lobby(where the main exit is) because people are eating breakfast. I dont see how that is an issue being they are on a leash and not bothering anyone. Then when I walked down there myself and asked a question about something else they decided to remind me of the pet policy (which I already signed and reviewed prior). I dont know.... I just dont think they were very friendly towards guests with pets. I also was disappointed that they did not have any laundry facility, I was there for 11 days and this would have definitely been helpful. Instead I had to go to the hotel next door to use there facilities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gallatin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Location in very good. Easy walk to the beach. Very clean. Enjoyed the free rental of the beach gear. No need to pack the beach buckets or chairs. Availabe for use at this location. Kids enjoyed the treasure chest every morning after breakfast. Coffee always was availabe as well !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed overnight while in the area for a car show. Pleasant staff. Clean hotel. Quiet. Location is a couple blocks from the ocean. Well located, although driving, from historic Fernandina Beach. Walkable to a few restaurants. Would stay here again in a pinch.

Room Tip: Although located off of Sadler it was a quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach? Share your experiences!