“Quality hotel close to the beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2549 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Quality hotel close to the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I shared a weekend at the Hampton Inn on Sadler Road (There are 2 Hampton's on Fernandina Beach - the other is Hampton Inn and Suites on 2nd St). For the price point ($90-110 night), this was a very nice place in a decent location. We visited primarily because we were going to the Bears-Jaguars football game that Sunday, but wanted to explore the local area as well. The beach just down the street from this hotel was really nice compared to most other East Florida beaches (Miami Beach is better, but that's about it), and it's not trashy like Daytona is, in my opinion.

As for the hotel, this was our first time at a Hampton Inn property after joining Hilton HHonors recently, and I was disappointed to learn that I couldn't earn points on this stay because I had prepaid the stay via Hotels.com, even though the rate wasn't any different on their site. I know for future reference though. The service was better than other chains at this price point, and front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

The room itself was spacious for a one-bed King, though the mattress wasn't as great as I've experienced at other chains. I wouldn't say it's bad, but it was bouncier than most. Some people might not like that. I feel like I slept pretty well.

As for amenities, the room had a microwave and fridge and we had no complaints about the Wi-fi. We were pleased that all 3 were available as part of the rate and worked well. My wife also appreciated that they offered a makeup remover cloth in the bathroom, but was rather displeased with the quality of the hairdryer provided.

Breakfast offered hot foods, eggs, ham, biscuits and gravy, and waffles, as well as the standard continental breakfast fare. We found this to be a step-up from similarly priced chains.

The swimming pool was cold (and I'm Norwegian, so I can usually handle chilly), so we didn't spend too much time in it, but it was a pretty nice pool, and not too deep.

Overall, we were pleased with this Hampton Inn, and really enjoyed Fernandina Beach. For our next visit, we'll likely try the other Hampton Inn that's right in the historic downtown area, so we can compare, as well as be able to walk around downtown more.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from the Elevator was our request - and we got it - 3rd floor at the end of the ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Wanted to break up trip with my dog on 95. This was so worth the drive, I only had 5 hours left the last day. Great safe location, fun short walk to dog friendly beach. Area around Hampton Inn offered lots of walking. Room and breakfast were standard Hampton Inn, nothing to complain about with them. picked up dinner from The Loop, very good and reasonable. Beautiful drive along A1A S to pick up 95.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Clearwater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Fernandina Beach is a pet-friendly beach so you do expect to find pet friendly hotels in the area. We visited this location with our little puppy and were so peasantly surprised. Not only did the staff assure that we were in a comfortable room and explained clearly their pet policies they took time to describe the beach area, provide a list of PET FRIENDLY RESTAURANTS and answer our questions over our stay. VERY CLEAN and the breakfast provided was hot and good. This is a 'keeper.'

Room Tip: The rooms are very well insulated to buffer sound problems....we were close to the ice machine but c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel staff was very helpful. Continental breakfast okay. Rooms clean but need updating. The very best thing about this place is that it is very easy walking to the beach. It's about 3blocks away with sidewalks all the way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We recently spent one night here on a quick "let's go to the beach" getaway. The price was excellent for a Hampton Inn so close to the beach. The room was clean, large, and had a microwave and fridge. Breakfast was ample and provided variety. Common areas were clean and well-kept.

The only negative concerned the AC in our room. It kept the room cool enough, but was not able to reduce the humidity in the room. As a result, the wet towels we hung at 6:00pm were still wet at 9:30am the next morning. Don't know if this was the case throughout the hotel, or just our room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
gainesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed just one night over Labor Day weekend. The accommodations were what we expected with the Hampton Inn. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was the usual fare but well stocked and the area was clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Waycross
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The guy at the front desk was great,but when it came to my room at 1st look it was ok but when I got out of the shower there was black mold all in the bathroom. Then more I looked around the more I found. I am not picky at all but I am on the road a lot the other Hampton is so much better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AmeliaHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We pride ourselves in our outstanding housekeeping. I was very disappointed to read your comments.

Be assured we take every guest comment as an opportunity to better serve all guests, past, present and future. I truly wish I had the opportunity to speak to you personally before you left the hotel to better understand where our problem areas might be. If you stayed with our hotel on past visits, you know this experience was not a normal event.

I do hope you will give as another opportunity to prove our commitment to your satisfactory guest stay.

Khelia Todd

Been to Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach? Share your experiences!