“Affordable, comfortable, close to the beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach

You added Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2549 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Southern US
“Affordable, comfortable, close to the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a few days of fun and was not disappointed. It is comfortable, the front desk check-in was pleasant and helpful and provided lots of good information. The room was also nice overall and the bed was comfortable. The carpet could use an upgrade, as could the toilet (getting rust stains). Even though it is not right on the beach, it is easily walkable - about one long block away. I found it preferable to drive further down the beach to one of the many other beach access locations where it was a little less crowded (although it never seems to be that crowded in April). I was also pleased by the general location of the hotel - it is easy to drive either to the historic district or down to the south end of the island. I will plan to be back!

Room Tip: I had a room on the top floor facing the ocean - I could see a little patch of ocean, which was nice...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good value for the price, the hotel is in good condition and the staff was very pleasant.

Longwood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Recently my daughter and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Amelia Island located on Sadler Rd. I picked this hotel do to the reviews seen on tripadvisor. Our stay was three nights and our room was clean. The road outside the hotel is a straight shot to the beach which is view-able from the top floor and our room.

On the positive side, beach is walk-able, the restaurant "Sliders Seaside Grill," is a nice place to kick back, have dinner, view the ocean and listen to some southern rock music live. Dogs are welcome at both the hotel and beach. Fresh cookies were out when we arrived each night from exploring the area. A very good complimentary breakfast including fresh waffles and oatmeal with all the fixin's is included, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, muffins, breads, eggs, juices, and many more items were also on the buffet spread. such a plus to have!

Negatives: Not quite the quiet peaceful place I was looking for. It's located on a very busy almost highway. This takes away from being kick back from the get go. The staff is timid, not as friendly as many of the Hampton Inns I have stayed at (or Hilton Hotel Family Hotels). No dialogue about beach towels, umbrellas, cookies were out transpired. Basically, you just check in and check out. Having just recently stayed at the Homewood Suites the week-end before, upon checking in the staff immediately greeted me, offered a map if needed, told me the times the breakfast was served and every time I entered the lobby I was asked how I was and please let me know if I can be of service. The hotel was at capacity and yet I was made to feel like my stay was important to them. I found this to be true most visits to other Hampton Inns as well.

Summary: Good and convenient location, clean rooms, and not far from the Ocean. If you want to take advantage of their complimentary breakfast which was very good, ask about the times available. If you need anything like towels, beach items, etc. ask, they have them. The staff is nice but not forthcoming.

Room Tip: Top floor facing the ocean (East) not near the elevator. This is a great view, very quiet , and c...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
AmeliaHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
First I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with our hotel. However I was very concerned when I read your perception of the guest service you received. As you can tell from other guest posts, we take guest service very seriously. We pride ourselves in our ability to make our guests feel at home and welcome at our hotel. I am so very sorry that was not your experience. I truly wish I would have had the opportunity to speak with personally about your experience during your recent stay.

I cannot change the location of the hotel, but the road that runs in front of the hotel is a main thoroughfare to the beach and does sometime get busy, however, the speed limit is 35 and is monitored closely by our local police department. This is truly the first time any guest has ever mentioned Sadler Road noise or congestion. Again I apologize for any problems you encountered during your stay.

I hope that you will give us a second opportunity to prove our committment to your satisfaction. Should you like, please feel free to contact me personally to further discuss your stay.

Khelia Todd
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Our stay at this hotel was wonderful. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly and to make sure our stay was comfortable. We were greeted pleasantly. Any requests or problems were handled immediately. The hotel is very close to the beach and within short walking distance of several restaurants. We felt very safe because the area was well-lit. The pool was very well-lit at night, too. This is a good location and with affordable accommodations. Would definitely stay at this hotel again. Even when we checked out, the staff was so nice. It made me want to stay another night!

Timonium, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Loved the hotel rate with breakfast included! Loved the pool, flexible and accomodating staff, so friendly and in tune with our needs but not 'in your face.' Great recommendations on where to get dinner and offered 2 huge binders with menus galore! AND THE VERY BEST: they lent us very nice and new beach towels, beach chairs, umbrella, boogie boards and pool noodles for our entire stay -- even got clean beach towels each day! Easy to walk to the beach, did I mention friendly staff (!!!), and even a Dairy Queen across the street! Will definitely return! THank you all.

Room Tip: We loved first floor, closer to pool and easy in and out to parking lot or lobby.
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Very comfortable hotel, very close to the beach. And we just can not say enough good words about the terrific staff, especially Ava Howard at the front desk. She really goes out of her way to be sure that you have a wonderful time on your vacation. This Hampton Inn definitely exceeds expectations!

Room Tip: Choose a third floor room with a peek of the ocean
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

After a long drive from NC, a most welcome sight a smiling face and a pleasant greeting from the staff, the hotel is very very close to the beach and lots of restaurants and if you prefer fast food places, rooms very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach? Share your experiences!