You added Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2549 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Atlanta
“Just Fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

The Hampton Inn at Fernandina Beach

The Good:
Clean
Plenty of parking
Pet Friendly
Friendly Staff
Convient to Beach - 1 long block away

The Not so Good:
The complimentary breakfast is not good.
Due to lack of an available room with a king sized bed, we were given a roon with two queen beds.This made the room kingd of crowded and awkward to get around
No place to hang wet beach items - swim suits, towels. This would not have been as much of an issue but they state that they provide beach towels for guest but ran out of beach towels on our stay.
Did I mention tha the compliemntary breakfast is not good

This is my first trip to Amelia Island and I would stay at the Hamption Inn at Fernandina Beach again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
AmeliaHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
First let me thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. I look forward to your return visit and talking to your personally regarding your comments regarding this past visit. I'm so sorry you were not able to get the room type you hoped for. It was not clear if you had a reservation or if you made a last minute decision to visit. On the weekends, especially with our beach location, we fill up quickly and have limited room types for our walk-in guests. I apologize for not having beach towels available for you. We rarely run out of beach equipment, but do try to tell all our guests that the beach equipment including beach towels, are available on a first come first served basis. Obviously you did not like our complimentary breakfast bar. I wish you had brought it to our attention while you were at the hotel. Hampton dictates our breakfast selection, but is always open to guests' opionions.

Again, I do look forward to your return visit and I hope I am able to speak with you personally regarding your experience.

Khelia Todd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I was planning on coming and staying here with my boyfriend to attend a wedding for mutal friends. i booked the reservation months in advance. As the date grew closer i knew we were not going to need one of the nights. As result i called the Hampton Inn in the hopes of simply cancelling one of my two reserved nights. After someone answered the phone not identifing themselves and asked what i needed, I explained i needed to cancel one of my nights. After much typing she said ok would you like the number. I said sure, thinking she had found my confirmation number that I didn't have on me. When I then explained I needed to cancel one of my nights I got the reply "well i wish you would have told me that earlier." I then said well i am sorry but you never really gave me the chance. She said nothing until i asked if i could re-reserve my room. Then she said fine and put me on hold for 5 mintues. She came back on the line and after much wheel spinning i had to re-reserve the room. I didn't have my card on me (as i was on a lunch break) so I said i will have to call back, to which she said ok fine and hung up. Understandaly there are bad seeds in ever business but i don't think that is how you deal with customers when you didn't quite fulfill your job responsibilities to begin with.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
First let me apologize for your experience. My first thought was that quite possibly you had our hotel confused with another property. There are two Hampton's on the island. We pride ourselves on our outstanding guest service (both inhouse and prospective). Certainly the service you received fell very short of our expectations or any hotel's expectations. If you read other reviews, you see that our staff always receives very favorable reviews. I do hope that you will give as an opportunity in the future to prove to you our committment to all our guests.

Khelia Todd
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Highlights - Ultra-clean room, friendly staff that really knows what they are doing, good breakfast, comfortable beds, nice ammenities, close to beach, restaurants, shopping, plenty of parking. This is one of the nicest Hampton Inns I have stayed at. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Great Staff!! Extremely helpful and gracious.

Location is perfect. Near beach and good restaurants. Stayed a night on way to Palm Beach, FL. Enjoyed it so much we came back on way North and stayed another two nights.

Staff friendly and great about things to see and restaurants. Loved this place.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

There was nothing outstanding or horrible about this hotel. It was a good value and within walking distance of the beach. I think next time I'd stay a little closer to the beach though, just because it was a little bit of a hike. For about the same price I think you can stay at the Amelia Hotel on the Beach. We stayed here because there was a block of rooms for a wedding we attended.

Hotel was clean, beds were comfortable and staff was friendly. Had a little bit of a long wait for our room. The woman told us that it'd be ready in 10 minutes and it took about 45.

Nice freshly baked cookies at 3 everyday. Would recommend if you're interested in a reasonable chain hotel in this area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

We enjoyed our stay and the location was perfect! The breakfast was better than any Hampton we have been to and it is very dog friendly! It is very close to the beach that also allows pets as long as they are on a leash.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Thanks to Ms. Howard this turned into a wonderful birthday weekend. Location is great, rooms are clean & comfortable, Nice breakfast...Koo-dos to the entire staff! We'll definitely return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach? Share your experiences!