“Bugs in food” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Amelia Island, Florida
“Bugs in food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family and I were visiting the area staying at the Omni Plantation and wanted to order some quick food, and the hotel told us about Lucky Wok. We ordered our delivery and multiple members of my family all found little bugs in our food. Before we completely lost it, we wanted to make sure it wasnt actually seasoning or pepper. After careful inspection of the food it was indeed bugs! We called to complain and the company didnt believe us, and wanted to come look at the food. After they came back and took a look they determined it was bugs also, but still didnt want to give us our money back! We had to insist on getting our money back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Georgia
“Unexpected excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Despite the location in an almost completely vacant dated shopping center, a small dining area littered with magazines and boat/car advertising circulars on the two tables and a decor that is less than appealing, the taste and value of the food we ordered for take-out was excellent. The portion sizes of the two combination dinners was large, the flavor and heat was just right and the service was quick and friendly. Looks like they deliver for a fee, take out was quick, don't plan on eating there with a large party or for a romantic dinner.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Fantastic take-out! We were so pleased!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We arrived very late in Fernandina Beach on a Friday night. After stopping at Publix to buy some beer, basic snacks and not finding anything to eat that we did not have to cook, we needed something good to eat and quick. I dropped off my hubby at the condo and I headed back out to find some take-out. I noticed the Lucky Wok on Sadler but kept looking around the area to find something that I thought would be "better". After not finding anything that looked very pleasing or quick, I headed back to Lucky Wok and decided to take a chance. So, I go in and this is purely a take-out joint. From the dinner menu, I order shrimp with mixed vegetables with white sauce, General Tso's chicken and a pint of hot 'n sour soup. Oh my gosh. My hubby and I were so pleased with this food. The fried rice was yummy and large egg rolls. The portions of the actual entrees were amazing... we had leftovers for the whole weekend. I visited late (around 10:30pm or so) and all the food was cooked fresh while I waited so I don't know if that made the difference but I would not hesitate to get food here again on a trip to Fernandina Beach! It looked like a Mom 'n Pop operation and the quickie Chinese places we have around our area in Georgia does not compare to this quality. Yum! Yum!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Yulee
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great food, quick and great prices. You can eat in, order out. They always run specials. We love it.

Visited March 2013
Amelia Island, Florida
“Good Take Out Chinese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We ordered our meal in the restaurant and it was ready to take home within 10 minutes or so. They also have delivery and eat in options (but only a few tables and chairs and no atmosphere.) The food was really good if not typical for a place like this. We had Won Ton soup, pork fried rice and pork lo mein all of which were fresh and tasty. We also had egg rolls (which were OK) and the chicken wings which were really good. Counter service was friendly and quick and they provided plenty of extra sauces for us to take out with our meal. If you are looking for Chinese food without the mega buffet this is a great economical and convenient option. Highly recommended...............

• Visited September 2012