“Perfect Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Chicago
“Perfect Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

Excellent food and very nice outside dining area. The blueberry pancakes were fantastic! Good omelettes and tasty grits. We visited on a weekday morning and the service was fast and friendly. A pleasant way to start a day of vacation.

Providence, Rhode Island
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

Our first breakfast on Amelia Island was at Bright Mornings and no other came close. The intimate, shady courtyard was a perfect setting for the casual, yet delicious breakfast to follow.

To start, the waitress brought out a few muffin pieces with jam - absolutely marvelous. I never would have thought to put orange marmalade and raspberry jam on my muffins, but it was stellar.

I ordered the sausage, egg and cheese breakfast "sandwiches" - and, while it was on one of the best biscuits I have ever tasted, beware! It came with TWO sandwiches! I could hardly finish the first! Definitely enough for two people to share. They came with some kind of really amazing potatoes - not really homefries, more like roasted potatoes - that were out of this world good.

My husband had the omelette special of the day, and though he isn't much with words, he really enjoyed it as well.

If you want a GREAT breakfast, this is your place.

Florida
“Wonderful Blueberry Pancakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

We had 2 delicious breakfasts here. They have the best blueberry pancakes but they are not served on the weekend so if you want them you better go during the week. On the weekends they serve brunch only. My husband had french toast and I had the special which was a bacon/cheddar omelete with potatoes. It was delicious. For my 2 year old I ordered yogurt and fresh fruit. They had a nice selection of fruit all very fresh. This is a must if you are in Fernandina Beach.

Yulee Florida
“Incredible Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

I lived in New Jersey for 14 years before we moved to Fernandina Beach. In New Jersey there are diners around every corner, you have your pick among which diner you think serves the best breakfast, lunch, and dinner. When we moved to Florida I was dissappointed that there wasnt any diners, and even worse nowhere to get a "real" breakfast ( By real I mean other than Mcdonalds). So I started searching through the phone book for a breakfast place, and I stumbled across Happy Mornings Cafe, so we decided to try it out. The first morning we went there I had a Feta and Spinach omellette. Im not a huge fan of feta, and i flat out dislike Spinach but the waitress urged me to get it because it was the special for the day. So I said what the heck i'll try it. Turned out to be the best breakfast i think ive ever had. All of their meals are served with ur choice of toast, potatoes or grits, and a few pieces of fruit along with a muffin. If you go there and i hope you do. try the special, even if it doesnt sound like something you would like. Because i have not yet been dissappointed by any of their delicious omelletes.

boston ma
“Great lunch in Fernandina beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

We stopped here for lunch yesterday. It was fantastic. I had a grilled chicken sandwich. It was prepared on a delicious toasted bun with baby spinach and tomatoes.Alas- a restaurant that offers a choice besides fries. We had sliced oranges and watermelon. It has a great little outdoor cafe.