“Can't Wait to Go Back!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palate - CLOSED

Palate
614 Center Street, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fernandina Beach, Florida, United States
“Can't Wait to Go Back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Had dinner last night with my son. Very welcoming staff. Our waitress was as good as they get and offering suggestions as well as attentive. The snow crab claws are just amazing. I'm still thinking about them. The hand crafted cocktails are creative and wonderful. My son's scallops were seared perfectly and my Filet with demi glace was a fabulous quality cut. I recommend having fun with the specialty cocktails- but take a cab!! Cheers to this new addition and well needed gastronomic cuisine to FB.

RESTON
“Adjusting to the customer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The food is well done, perfectly cooked and presented but just a little pricey for everyday dining. On my second visit, however, I happily noted with that they were now offering several of the main entrees in 1/2 portions and was so happy to be able to order a perfectly cooked filet mignon in a six ounce size. Also offered as a half portion was the scallops dinner which was pronounced "delicious" by one of my companions. My friend and I wanted to have a salad and a desert and the waiter did not flinch at all in bringing one portion to share in the case of the desert and actually serving the salad on two separate plates.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Great new restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Ate at Palate last night and loved it. We were welcomed at the front door by a very friendly hostess and seated right away. The menu offered a variety of choices for appetizers as well as entrees. The snow crab legs were fantastic and fresh. I had the snapper which was outstanding-very flavorful and cooked perfectly. The menu offers a wide variety of wine and cocktail choices. The wine we had was excellent. The manager came to the table to make sure that everything was going well and all meals were cooked to our liking. The best thing was when the whole meal was over and we were leaving the restaurant the manager came over and genuinely thanked us for dining and walked us out. We had a great time and will return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, Florida
“Fantastic new addition to Fernandina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I ate here last night and had a great experience. Great service, wonderful food, and fabulous hand crafted drinks. Really like how they offer 1/2 portions for some of their entrees. And, they are also open for lunch! We'll be back to try their lunch menu soon and definitely recommend this restaurant for dinner. They also have a kids menu.

“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Palate was just what my husband and were looking for yesterday. Great oysters on the half shell and amazing grilled Caesar salad! The chef puts a terrific twist on what would normally be just an ordinary dish. And the libations created by the bartenders - wow! Try the Blackberry Julep - it's awesome! Great atmosphere and top notch service! Make a point to dine at Palate. You will not be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere