“World class.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
29 South Eats is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cross street: Ash
Melbourne Beach, Fl
“World class.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love shrimp and grits but had pretty much given it up do to the price my digestion inevitably would pay afterward. I was persuaded by Brian ,our very knowledgeable and professional without being pretentious waiter, to give it another try and am I glad I did. Not only was it the finest most subtly enjoyable dish but my wife's dish also exceeded her expectations. I heartily recommend you include 29 South in any dining plans you make in Amelia Island. I cant wait to return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Titusville, Florida
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our appetizers at 29 South were among my favorite plates of our getaway weekend trip. Fried Green Tomatoes are a staple in the south, but the addition of goat cheese takes the dish up a notch! And the “Simple Crust of Bread” was anything but simple with perfectly braised short rib meat. My husband ordered a menu item I’ve not seen anywhere else: a burger made with Waygu beef and Foie Gras. He loved it! I enjoyed my Duck Breast Salad, but it was not a Wow meal. Our server, Ian, on the other hand was a Wow server; his never-ending smile brightened the room and our evening. We sat at a table near the pass and enjoyed being able to watch the action. It also allowed us a very gracious conversation with Chef after our meal.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch and enjoyed the whole experience especially the food! It is a must! You must try the fried green tomato BLT!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, Florida
“Our top choice - creative dishes, fresh ingredients”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our food was very interesting and tasty. We really enjoyed this meal and it would be at the top of the list if we return to the area. Especially pleasing was knowing that they sourced their ingredients from local farmers.

Visited February 2013
Charlevoix
“Can't wait to go back for their excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We haven't been for a few years to 29 South, so we decided to try it again, & are happy we did! Everything was so delicious, including fried green tomatoes, mushroom lasagna, & Mahi Mahi. The chocolate souffle with homemade butter pecan ice cream was the best dessert I've ever had, & I've had plenty! We will return & recommend the place to our friends!

Visited February 2013