“Very well.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island

You added Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2801 Atlantic Ave., Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
“Very well.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed Friday July 19th when I first arrived it was a little early. I understood that check in wasn't until 4pm so no big deal. The lady at front desk was rude, when I first showed up. lets say I think it was 1pm she told me she could try to get me in at 3 so I came back. 2pm almost 3 I am there and she then tells me no I won't get you in until 4 which is very reasonable considering it is your check in time. The way she talked to me her attitude was very unnecessary I was being understanding but she was still giving me attitude. There was another lady up there I believe housekeeper with the different uniform who was very pleasant. She was very persistent and came to me anytime I needed help during my entire stay. I complimented her. The breakfast was terrific. Patsy loves her job you can tell. I hope to be staying again.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Evans, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We added a beach day to our recent cruise and found this hotel. The rooms were spacious and nice, it is uber close walking distance to beach. The breakfast was standard complimentary, nothing special. The front desk staff was lacking in service. When we checked in the girl was more interested in playing on her phone with some guy standing at the desk than helping us. Same was true for the girl we encountered the next morning. We did have a plesant helpful xchange with the girl in the evening who recommended a restaurant for us. The carpet in the hall is just gross!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel was clean and convenient. We had a room that faced the ocean and we could actually see the water. It was an easy walk to the beach. Little to no traffic. For some reason, we were given a handicapped accessible room so it was much bigger than I was expecting. The ladies that were running the complimentary breakfast were very friendly and helpful. The price to stay was lesser than other places we have stayed on the island. The pool is very small. Luckily, we went swimming when there was no one else in the pool so it didn't seem as small. I had stayed in a Comfort Inn in April and for some reason, both that hotel and this hotel had terrible WiFi signal unless you were on the first floor or near the pool. However, if I had to stay here again or not get to stay at the beach, I would choose this hotel. Very convenient to Ft Clinch and Downtown.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

At the last minute we decided to drive up to Fernandina beach for some R & R. We stayed here two nights. Choice Hotels never fail me. I called them as we were driving up. They had one king room available. Using my AAA. were able to get a reduced rate plus I was able to get more points with my Choice card. We had a nice view of the beach from our room. Everything thing was perfect. Easy check in and out. The breakfast hostess was pleasant and helpful. The front desk even gave us a discount card to use at different places. House keeping was excellent. Yes we will be going back. There is much to see and do there in Fernandina.

Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived at check-in at 4:35 p.m. (check-in was listed as 4:00 p.m.) Our room was not ready. The young woman at the front desk said she would juggle some things around and put us in a different room. We got in the elevator and when we got off on our floor discovered there was no air conditioning in the hallway (it's July so very hot). When we got to our room at first glance it was ok (well worn but appeared clean). We unpacked our clothes and then went in the bathroom to find it had not been cleaned properly. There was a used bar of soap in the shower as well as hair in the tub and sink. The commode had some sort of greasy film on it (ick). We cleaned it up ourselves but decided to mention it at the front desk. The front desk clerk was very nice and said it would be taken care of the next morning. On our second day (upon our arrival back from the beach) we found our bathroom to have been cleaned but it was apparent that the rest of the room had not. Again we went back to the front desk where the gentleman was very nice. He said the AC system for the hallways was waiting on a part to come in before it could be fixed and he said they were having some housekeeping staff changes but would make sure our room was cleaned properly on the third day and it was. My husband travels extensively and is a Diamond Status Member with Choice Priveleges. He was not acknowledged as a Diamond Member nor was he offered any upgrades that normally come with it. Our bed was very comfortable and the linens were in pretty good condition. We opted not to eat at the breakfast bar (which is included) but it looked to be pretty standard hotel lobby self-service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quitman, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked this hotel because we waited too long to book a condo for the 4th. That being said, it is a little better than your average 2 1/2 star room. The room was clean, linens were fresh, and it was indeed ocean view. The beach was about 250 yards from the hotel, but it actually may be easier to drive if you have a lot if gear. Super close to downtown and good dining, and the staff was excellent.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent several nights at the Comfort Suites and loved it. Everything wasn't perfect but it was perfect for us. Though the hotel was full, we never heard noises from other rooms, the hallway, or street. Housekeeping seemed to be short-staffed and our room wasn't cleaned every day but everything we requested (towels, etc) were promptly delivered. Breakfast buffet was good. Pool was clean and quite refreshing. I liked it because it was private and partly shaded. But the highlight of this hotel is the bed. Our room had the most incredible king-size bed I've ever slept in. I slept 14-15 hours the first night or two we were there. I'd been sick for a week before we left home and the rest was exactly what I needed. The bed was perfectly made with a good selection of pillows and the A/C was nearby and kept the room at a good temp. I fell into bed at night and enjoyed every second of sleep I got. I'd definitely stay here again. I do have one suggestion for management. Please put some hooks for bathrobes in the room or bathroom. There wasn't a place near the bath to hang-up clothes or robes.

Room Tip: I liked being able to look out our window and seeing the beach. Make sure you let them know if you w...