“excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood, Family Fare
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family-owned and operated since 1979! Please visit our website to see our full menu and more information!Casual dining in an eclectic, nautical atmosphere with friendly staff and a variety of tasty choices.Lunch AND Dinner served 7 days a week starting at 11:00am and 5:00pm. Serving fresh local seafood: blackened, broiled, grilled or fried; also chicken, steaks, and raw oysters year-round. A Kid's Menu with plenty of choices. And NOW featuring a "Smaller Catch" Menu for those looking for a lighter meal!Beer, wine, cocktails at TWO Full Bars...be sure to visit the upstairs Sunset Bar with views of the Fernandina Beach Marina while you're here!Reservations not required, but call-aheads for parties of 10 or more are greatly appreciated.
haines city, fl
“excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

We enjoyed the restaurant very much. I ordered a platter with crabcakes & fried shrimp. Everything was delicious and very fresh. Good sangria too! Very reasonable prices. The service was perfect, and the owner was very friendly & making his rounds. Definitely hope to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Calhoun, Ga
“I'm Not Picky, but....slop”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

We arrived only about 20 minutes after opening, and only one other couple was there at first. Our drink order taken promplly, and we ordered a dozen oysters on the halfshell, even though the price was $12.99(!) The oysters were so small, they served us 14 so the tray didn't look so empty. i ordered the big platter, blackened, and my wife ordered the shrimp scampi. It all arrived cold. On my platter, there were oysters shriveled up to the size of peas, 4 shrimp, a "crabcake" that was falling apart and had been slid together on the plate, and a piece of tasteless fish, all served on cold yellow rice with water running out of it (made yesterday?). All of the "blackened" seafood had a red-colored goop on it, and seemed not to have been cooked after it was applied. Worse was the scampi, which had the same cold runny rice topped with thawed shrimp and some grotesque sauce similar to Ragu but much worse-tasting. At first I thought we must have gotten there so early that the cook hadn't made it in yet and the busboy made it. Maybe the cook is off on Tuesdays, or he/she died this past weekend? Too bad i only read the reviews after we got home, It now seems i got the same thing every "diner" gets, slop - but it was ONLY $75.00 for two of us, what should i really expect - my expectations have always been too high, since i was a kid, but that's a story for another time. DON'T GO THERE! Shame on whomever owns this dive. Now i can understand why the tables have the hole in the middle, a convenient vomit chute! I have never written a review like this before, but it was that bad, and i sincerely hope no one ever wastes their money there.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Stay away - stay very far away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I visited Amelia Island for the first time about 2 weeks ago and was looking forward to some local cuisine, especially seafood. This restaurant came highly recommended by the Amelia Island Plantation Resort. I imagine they haven't eaten here in quite some time, because my experience wasn't very good.

Menu choices were limited for a seafood establishment.
I ordered the stuffed flounder and the stuffing was so bad i couldn't eat it. On top of the fact the stuffing was burned, it didn't taste fresh. Even the baked potato seemed stale.
There were a good number of people there, so I cannot imagine they have an issue with turning tables. I don't see excuse for the food to be this poor.

The food was not fresh and it seemed the ingredients used were very cheap. The best thing going is the salad!

Service was good - with attentive and friendly waitress...and the hosts were nice. Ambiance was kind of icky...they could do for a good cleaning. The utensils looked like they were from circa 1970, and were also cheap. The hole in the middle of the table was kind of interesting, but the novelty soon wore off, esp since none of the other things leading up to a good experience were met.

All in all, it was definitely not worth $18/pp + tax + tip. Save your money and grab a fish sandwich from any fast food place. It will be as good as the food here.

The best thing about it was the company from my boyfriend.!
I will not go back and will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
California
“Cold food, confused and poor service, tiniest shrimp I've ever seen!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

My husband and I ate dinner here recently. We were seated in approximately 10 minutes as promised-and then we waited..and waited..and waited for our waitress to come. Finally she arrived and we ordered the seafood platter for 2. Then we waited again...While we waited we had plenty of time to observe other diner's orders being taken to waiting customers. Unfortunately, the people delivering the food seemed to have no clue which table to deliver each order to! This happened almost EVERY time over about 30 minutes. One medium sized table behind us (4 adults and 1 child) had food delivered to everyone except one person in their party. That unlucky person didn't receive his dinner until after everyone else in his party had finished!
Finally our order arrived-well, almost...It was not correct. The person delivering the food (not our waitress who was nowhere to be seen)took the food back, only to reappear about 5 minutes latter, reassuring us that it was our order! Desperately hungry by this time, and realizing that total confusion reigned at this restaurant, we accepted the order. It was cold, the fish that was supposed to be broiled was (I believe) microwaved, the "baked" potato was boiled and wrapped in foil, and the shrimp was the tiniest I have ever seen. There are many other, much better restaurants to eat at in the Fernandina area. Why would we ever come here again?

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Captian D's in disguise.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

We were seated upon arrival. The waitress was friendly and the service was good. The food, however, was just average. It wasn't much different than eating at your local Captain D's since they have increased their menu selections. The hushpuppies were really good but other than that it was just average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere