“Perfection in Fernandina!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
“Perfection in Fernandina!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Le Clos never disappoints. We have now been around 10 times and the consistently delicious cuisine is perfection each and every time. Going on Saturday night is always a treat as restruant always fills up so make reservations as the small quaint yellow house of a restruant will be full. The wine list is relatively small but covers a good range as well as quality. The wife had a wonderful moscato recommended by Barbara who was amazing and attentive offering wonderful customer service. I cannot speak for all the appetizers but the escargot is simply divine and then you have the bread to 'sop' in such a wonderful garlic butter concoction that makes me tingle with giddiness. The menu is simple and I believe that is why Le Clos is consistent perfection. I had the tuna grilled and it melted in my mouth....wow. My wife had the pork tenderloin and it was also yummy. Also, my wife's birthday was Sunday and Le Clos is not opened Sundays so they brought my wife a piece of chocolate cake to share that was brought warm with ice cream and homemade caramel topping....OMG so good. IMO, the best restruant on the island. Enjoy!!!

Denver, Colorado
“The best restaurant in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

After our second visit I had to let you know how great the food is here! We have sampled quite a bit of the menu and every dish has been very fresh, well prepared and elegantly presented. The best appetizer is the pate, closely followed by the vichyssoise soup. My favorite main dish is the grouper special, which I highly recommend. For dessert try the creme brûlée, a true delight!

The restaurant is small and a bit noisy when full. I suggest coming early when it's not so crowded and a little more quiet. Definitely make reservations a few days in advance as it's difficult to get in.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Port Richey, Florida
“Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I just happened to be staying right across the street at the Hampton Inn and decided to splurge a little to celebrate our anniversary. It was a little more costly than we are used to spending for a night out, but it was well worth kit. It is in a converted house, decorated nicely. We had reservations, but it was a Monday evening and not too crowded. The waitress was attentive without being overbearing, and the dinners were absolutely delicious.

Kent, Ohio
“wonderful dinner experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had a hard time finding this resturant on the fernandina list. I don't know why. We have eaten there twice but they were spaced by 2-3 years. We sought it out on our second visit and were not disappointed. It's a small french resturant with lots of atmosphere, an excellent wine list, and the dinners have been quite spectacular. Our highest rating. We have a friend with a winter cottage on Amelia Island--we mentioned Le Clos to her and she oh yes--thank god for Le Clos

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Duck tastes better than ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Great duck really helpful waitress named Stephanie and great vichyssoise soup but you have to go early if you want it not to be SUPER BUSY and tea tastes like water other than that its great!

Visited August 2013