“Good food” 3 of 5 stars

+1 904-277-2132
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Plae Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: A1A Highway
Description: PLAE Restaurant is Amelia Island's premier dining establishment. Our menu blends eclectic cuisine with artful presentation. Exceptional food and service in a contemporary setting, make this restaurant a must see on your dining agenda.
Woodstock
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The food here was good but the service that day was not the greatest. We never went back because it was just too slow. We waited 20 minutes for a water refill and had to remind our waiter 3 times to do it.

Visited September 2013

Fairhope, Alabama
“Good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good restaurant, good menu, good location, prices fair, service ok. Great view from the rear deck. So much for the restaurant. This review process is another story. Requirement for 50 characters is irritating.

Visited August 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“The best restaurant on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Probably the best food on the entire island - the pate appetizer is to die for, and the beet soup was one of the best I think I've ever tasted. We opted for the whole fish with thai vegetables and, though the size was enough for a family of four, the fish was cooked absolutely perfectly. Service was impeccable throughout and every single dish was clever, memorable and - most importantly - tasty. The live jazz in the bar is definitely a hang-out not to be missed and next time I'm on the island I'll be heading to Plae on the first night instead of the last. A great experience all around.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“TOO salty - barely ate the entree”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We ate early in the evening and there were only a few other tables occupied. The waitress tried to push us on ordering the mystery chef's special, but she "couldn't tell" us what it was....um I don't know about you, but I usually like to know what I'm gonna pay $40 for. I ordered duck confit with asiago risotto and both the duck and risotto were so salty I couldn't finish them, I didn't even eat half of them. When the waitress came to clear my husband's plate she said "oh, you must have filled up on calamari huh?" I replied with no, it's too salty to eat. She just shrugged and said "hum, I've never heard that complaint before". PATHETIC. Even the calamari she mentioned was salty, oh and served with cocktail sauce...WTH? We had to asked for some special sauce to be made...who eats calamari with cocktail sauce? STAY AWAY and go to Falcon's Nest, your wallet and tummy will thank you!

Visited April 2013
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Not as good as in the past”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Unfortunately this used to be one of the better places on Amelia Island but we no longer go. They no longer have the best entertainment in town and the food is less than average and the prices are high and the food is not reflective of the price. There are just too many better places in town.

Visited August 2013