“Not as good as expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hola! Cuban Cafe

Hola! Cuban Cafe
117 Centre Street, (North 2nd, Behind the Palace Saloon), Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034 (Formerly Hola!)
19043210163
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Cuban, Café, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night
Brunswick, Georgia
“Not as good as expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

After reading so many rave reviews on Hola! I really expected a meal that would be memorable. We went there for lunch and sat outdoors. The service was good but the food just didn't deliver. My husband is a Cuban sandwich maven and was disappointed in the flavor. I had the black bean soup and it was quite bland. Their web-site has a more extensive menu then was offered that day. I had really wanted to try the beans and rice but they were not to be seen on any of the menu boards. There are too many restaurants to try to give this one another chance.

Visited October 2013
Sunny0623, Owner at Hola! Cuban Cafe, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your review and we apologize that you were not satisfied. Please know that the menus on our website, facebook and in-house are exactly the same. We have never offered rice and beans or other such plates since we are a small sandwich and coffee shop. Perhaps there may be some confusion with the website of a Jacksonville restaurant with the same name as that has happened before. We do thank you for your visit and if you chose to see us again, we ask you please let us know of your issues while visiting us so that we have an opportunity to fix the issue for you. Thanks again for stopping in!

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great coffee, excellent prices. . The owners are very friendly and the food fantastic. Simply wonderful and such a great value. Hola has turned into a habit for me.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review! We love our locals and we appreciate you very much! Thanks again!
Amelia Island, Florida
“A gem of a cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Whether you are in the mood for some excellent Cuban sandwiches, pastelitos, or a cup of Cuban coffee, this is the place to go. The many times I have been there, the service has been friendly and fast. My favorite sandwich they offer is the "media noche", although I can say from experience that they are all good and go great with a cafe con leche. All in all, I highly recommend this fine place!

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Best little cafe on the island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love Hola. Where to begin! The couple who own it are some of the most genuine people you will ever meet. And you'll definitely meet at least one of them if not both when you enter their business. The food. Delicious. I can't go without one of their yummy guava pastries and of course, the delicious flan!! Their Cuban sandwich is the best I've ever had. The meat is so fresh. It's filling and even better, it's all greatly priced.
The coffee is the icing on the cake. I've never tasted anything so fresh and genuine. Makes it pointless to go to a coffee chain when I can get fresh Cuban coffee. All in all this is a great place to go!! :)

“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The service was great, fried plantains and yuca were tasty. Sandwiches had good flavor but the bread could have been better. Overall a good lunch, I would go back.

Thank you for taking the time to review our shop. We really appreciate it! We hope to see you again soon. Thanks, again!