“The experience wa amazing and I got to see a lot of things I have never seen before.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flounder Gigging

Flounder Gigging
2856 Sadler Rd, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL
904 556 2656
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: 1. Your charter group will be your group only, 2. The state limit is 10 flounder per person, 3. We include your salt-water fishing license, 4. Our Sunset Charter departs at Sunset, 5. All your fishing equipment is included, 6. Children are always welcome and we provide all life vests, 7. Besides Flounder you can also gig Sheepshead, Black Drum, Mullet & Whiting. You can also net Red Drum (Redfish), Speckled Trout and Blue Crabs. 8. Since we don't use bait we don't waste valuable fishing time trying to find bait, 9. We fish under the stars and Moon light so there are no harmful ultraviolet rays of the Sun to be concerned about (no messy sunscreen needed), 10. There is no long, bouncy boat ride over off-shore waves to eat into your fishing time (we fish only in the smooth inland waters), 11. Sea sickness is never an issue because we are always in the back water and only a few feet from land (most of your fishing is done only a few feet from land in a very safe 4" to 12" of water as skim the mud flats, sandbars, oyster shell beds and marsh grass areas looking for Flounder, Sheepshead, etc), 12. Our completely enclosed full cabin gives maximum protection from the elements - no open-boat, windy boat rides! 13. There is plenty of comfortable seating for eveyone, 14. Capt Mac gives you a brief Flounder 101 course so that you can use proven techniques to harvest the Fish, 15. Our Adventures are very visual both below and above the water line. On the shoreline, we typically see Spoonbills (birds), Great Herons, Pelicans, Ducks, Sea gulls, Manatees, Raccoons, Opossums & sometimes Peregrine Falcons. 16. So get ready to have lots of fun!
Iowa park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

At first we were skeptical about it because we are all girls but was I wrong! We went at 3 am and it was the most fun I had in Florida. I caught about 10 huge blue crabs and two other ladies I was with caught 3 flounder! Capt Mac was super helpful and informative. I would recommend that for a ladies night out to any one!

Visited June 2014

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Spring Break 2014 Flounder Gigging with family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

While visiting my family in Amelia Island over spring break I took the opportunity to do something new. Flounder Gigging! Took the family which included my twin 9 yr olds. I have fished all over and done all kinds of fishing - inshore, near shore, beach/flats, and offshore fishing, etc and have used many guides. This was a first but will not be the last time I go gigging. What a blast! Caught several nice flounder, missed several more, a huge sheeps head (missed 2 others), and missed a few really nice red fish. Saw lots of other fish too. Need to be on your toes and strike fast. But you do quickly get adjusted to the pace. This isn't sitting back and waiting type of fishing. Kids had a lot of fun. My daughter turned out to be a really good spotter and I'm sure folks across the bay heard her scream "there's one" all night long - lol. Captain Mac has a good boat, runs a good operation, and has great areas to fish around. And he is a die hard like I am. I certainly would recommend giving it a try.

BobD and family

Visited March 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Flounder-gigging with CAPT Mac - great family night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife and I took four children ages 8-16 on the 4-hour trip -- it was fun the entire time! I appreciated CAPT Mac's focus on the children having a great experience. (yes, we also brought home a bunch of fish - flunder, mullet, sheepshead, etc)). Tips -- (1) Be prepared to net blue crabs. (2) Be prepared to NET redfish (illegal to gig, but we saw 4 nice ones right under the boat). Have one person with a net on the side closest to shore (switch sides). Gotta have the net ready! Check out the photos on the website. We'll go again.

Visited November 2013
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“First Class Flounder gigging”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a great time with captain Mac. The boat and rigging was very impressive. For the 4 hours we spent on the water we covered an extremely large area and were on the hunt a majority of the time. It was a great time gigging mullet, netting crabs and redfish as well as the very tasty flounder. We ended up gigging a "doormat" of around 9lbs. Overall we had a great trip!!

Visited November 2013
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Zombie Flounder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was the boys night out trip, two friends and my dad. Sure we knew what we were going to be doing, but we were not ready for, “The Experience of a Nightime”! WOW, what an experience! There was no shortage of wonderment and excitement. Comradory with friends, swaping jokes, telling stories, enjoying the signts and sounds of the intercoastal night life, all while gigging for Flounder with a top notch professional Captian and river stewart. I trip that will forever hold a special place in my memories.
Thank you Capt MacDaniels! ,The Hamiltons