“Great location and food!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A great place for Lunch and Dinner overlooking the Amelia River and a sunset view every night!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great location and food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Don't let the construction around this restaurant deter you from a visit. Although we found it a bit hard to spot because of the construction, we were glad we found it! Very casual place with many great seafood choices. Also very kid friendly. I had the shrimp and crab soup, which was more than ample and very tasty. Excellent service and great selection of beer.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Advance, North Carolina
“Fun atmosphere and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Sitting outside, watching the ships come in, eating awesome fish tacos and sipping cold beer. Doesn't get any better! Service was also fantastic.

Dawsonville, Georgia
“Really good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our hotel said that we could get a 10% discount and this place had a view so we tried it. Good call! Mitzi was our server and took good care of us, including suggesting to my husband that he would be OK with only 1/2 order of tuna nachos. She was right. He loved them but couldn't have eaten a whole order. Got the grilled oysters with the various toppings. Really good, but the oysters themselves were so tender and sweet that they would have been great without the sauces, too. One of the best things was that they have one price for wine: $7/$25 for Premium Wines. The selection isn't huge but it was nice (Louis Martini Cab, Murphy Goode Merlot, KJ Chardonnay for example) and included something for everyone at really good pricing. My Caesar was so fresh tasting with plump, tender shrimp and a dressing that was not heavy cream based. We were just really happy with the whole plan. The line does form after 6 and seating upstairs is 1st come, 1st served; but it is a fine place for family, couples or groups. Everyone seemed to be well cared for and happy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Forest, Virginia
“Lots of Atmosphere & Great Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Came here on the advice of fellow hotel mates and we were not disappointed. Two of us had the Mac & Cheese: one with shrimp & one with chicken and the portions were huge and tasty. I had the shrimp tacos and they also did not disappoint. Very filling and a shrimp in every bite. The onion rings were quite tasty as well and that is one area where I consider myself an expert!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“A fun joint!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The Salty Pelican is a fun place to enjoy a beverage and some great food. My wife and I enjoyed a late lunch Easter Sunday. They can be busy but the service was good, Krissy took good care of us. I could have ordered many of the seafood items on the menu, I guess we will need to drive down again soon to try some of their other entrees and apps. For lunch my wife ordered an appetizer - a half order of the Tuna Nachos. It was delicious and more than enough for a lunch portion. For $8 it was a good deal. I ordered the oyster PoBoy. Tasty oysters were served on a great tasting and crusty kind of roll, so very different than the average hot dog type bun. As a side dish I had the sweet potato fries and they were very good. The PoBoy and fries was $12 and more than enough for me. As I said before Krissy was an excellent server. They have many specialty beers and the house wine list is $7 per glass for some very good quality wines. There are other beverage specials and everything I saw was priced fairly and a good value. This is also a fun town to stroll around. Next time we will take the boat cruise up the river and enjoy lunch back here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere