“:)” 5 of 5 stars

904-261-7378
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum showcases the region's rich history under eight national flags.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

we did the hour guide through the eight flags and he was really knowledgeable it was really cool as well seeing the old prison

Visited October 2012

Winter Haven, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Take the special tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We visited the museum last year and had a great time. We took the special guided tour and recieved a great presentation of the history of the region and Fernandina Beach. My wife and I both enjoy the historical background of Fernandina beach.

Visited September 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice for a little town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Nice place to learn about the town. Very interesting facts and place to visit. Great place for Adults and Kids to learn about the history of the city and people.

Visited September 2012
Steubenville, Ohio
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Wonderful history lesson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I took the 8 flags tour at the museum in mid-August. I wasn't sure what this tour was about, but I had the time and it was very hot outside so I decided to check it out.

The docent conducting the tour really knew her history and did an excellent job of explaining how the area was under the rule of 8 flags during different periods of time. I believe she indicated she was a former teacher. We moved to several different rooms during the hour plus tour.

I'm not sure this tour would be suitable for young children or adults, for that matter, if they tend to get restless or if you are on a schedule. The tour was long and at times I felt that I was in a classroom.

However, if you enjoy history and have extra time, this was very informative and a great history lesson.

I believe you can visit the museum without doing the tour if you want.

Visited August 2012
Yulee, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A walk in history.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

It takes you thru a trip dating back to when the indians lived there, and then the different flags that were raised and the pirates as well as the great shrimping industry.

Visited July 2012