“Biscuits and Gravy!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Biscuits and Gravy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My family and I stumbled on this place this past weekend. These people still make sausage gravy from scratch! I didnt think it was possible now a days. Upon sitting, we knew we would be there a while, as the whole place was packed and only 1 lady in the kitchen. However that was not the case, our drinks and food was served promptly. Being a southern girl, I'll be back for the biscuit and gravy alone! :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Just No...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Made the mistake of coming here in November while on an emergency trip to Yulee, FL. The Billboard looked real nice and authentic so I wanted to try. The Billboard was the ONLY thing nice and authentic. We placed our order in the old, outdated, somewhat dirty diner. We got our food and it was all made with low grade, purely cheap ingredients. I said "nevermind" to my server on the cheese fries after a pound of fake, goopy cheese was slopped over it and she took it back to the window and had a bashing session on our table because of THEIR nasty food loud enough for businesses next door to hear. Unprofessional at most. Waste of money.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“What happened?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The floors were filthy, the server was slow, never smiled. Did not get a coffee refill and the burgers and onion rings were obviously frozen, not fresh. Watched a server wipe off a table and leave food behind. This used to be a fun place to take visitors, but won't chance it again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Dirty, poor service !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stopped by the Doo Wop Diner on 3/8/13 for dinner. Upon taking a seat at a booth I noticed the table hadn't been cleaned yet - this was my first clue. At least they had free wifi. Free yes, but requiring a password that took the server what seemed like an eternity to provide to me. Ordered the bacon/blue cheese hamburger medium well, which of course came out well done. The accompanying fries were fairly tasteless and soggy. Had to flag down the server to get a napkin and never got any flatware. The server didn't come back at all to check on me, which is a definitely negative. I overheard the guy at the next table commenting that "this is the dirtiest restaurant in Fernandina". Uggghhh. And, after finishing, paying, and heading for the door, I found it locked (they apparently close at 8pm) and I had to "break out" myself - no sign of help from the staff. I'd give this one a miss!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Average!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went for breakfast 3-6-13 and was surprised to find that the cold weather had driven so many people into the restaurant. There was a number of dirty tables with not enough employees to handle the flow. The wait time was not so long for ordering. The food was good but about average for a cafe. Had to ask several times for additional coffee. Also, I had to ask several times for the check. Then, the wait time to pay the check was long.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere