“Needs a remodeling bad - photos on their website are deceiving” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island

You added Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2707 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Needs a remodeling bad - photos on their website are deceiving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The only reason I gave this place a "poor" as opposed to "terrible" rating was because it was close to the beach, and it was the cheapest in the area. I also give it credit for not having any bugs, because I expected to see some after first walking in.

I've never stayed at such a rundown place. Everything was falling apart. They clearly pay no attention to detail. Light fixtures were hanging. There was a hole in the wall that they fixed and resanded, but they didn't bother to even vacuum up all the drywall all over the floor. The carpet was the nastiest carpet I've ever seen. I could feel a film on my feet after walking on it, so I left my shoes on.

The worst part was that this seemed to be a local redneck hangout spot. Lots of screaming and music blasting at all hours of the night all three nights we were there. People hanging out on the balconies drinking heavily. I'm by no means uptight, but when you want a place to come back and relax at, this is not that place. I would gladly pay any extra amount of money to stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I picked this hotel for its location on Memorial Day weekend. Plus it was the only hotel with any rooms available for a halfway decent price. It was about $130 for the night. Was the hotel worth the money.......Hell no ! But the location was. I knew I was in trouble when the guest in front of me getting a room spoke about problems he had heard this hotel had the night prior. The front desk clerk said that all those guests had checked out, so I decided to take a chance.
We were only about half a block away from the beach. And on Amelia Island realestate is hard to come by. I dont know prices during other times so I cant comment on that. This is an average hotel at best.
The staff was friendly. Nothing to say there. They helped as much as they could with what they got. The room was from the 70's. There hasnt been much referbishment since then. There was a fridge and microwave in the room though. The tub wouldnt drin good. By the end of a shower your in a tub of water. Which I could deal with if we just hadnt come from the beach, and wanted to get the sand off.
The beds are ok. I dont know if you were staying for a couple of nights though. It might wear on yuo then. The rooms are outside facing so you hear every conversation taking place outside. I didnt know how many crisis situations there could be at 3 am at night with so many guests. Its amazing what liqour can do...lol And at this type of hotel you will see no lack of that.
This hotel is about location, location, location...

Room Tip: Dont get a pool facing room, or you'll be sorry. Get a room facing the Hampton Inn next door. Th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were traveling with a mature group for the Memorial Day weekend. This place is overrun with locals using the pool and facilities. Groups of young people outside til after 4 AM. The local authorities had to be called to quell these folks. No security cameras so front desk cannot monitor activities around pool area. Rooms were damp and rugs were totally disgusting. Painting was in progress, but this place needs major renovations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island

Address: 2707 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034
Location: United States > Florida > Amelia Island > Fernandina Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#8 On the Beach Hotel in Fernandina Beach
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island 2*
Conveniently located just steps away from the beaches of Amelia Island, FL. We invite you to experience an unforgettable vacation with The Days Inn and Suites. Featuring free tennis, beach volleyball for our guests and Amelia Islands largest hotel pool, the amenities at the Days Inn and Suites are second to none. Spend time in our spa & salon or catch a game in our Sports Bar. We have 9 TV's to watch the big game. So go on "Island Time" and let us handle the cleaning while you enjoy the luxuries of our hotel, and all the beautiful amenities Amelia Island, Florida has to offer. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn And Suites Amelia Island
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
Days Inn Amelia Island
Days Inn Fernandina Beach
Best Western Amelia Island
Amelia Island Best Western
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island Fernandina Beach, FL

If you own or manage Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.