“A little old and noisy but it was really cheap for the location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island

Save Saved
You added Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2707 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Ranked #11 of 11 hotels in Fernandina Beach
Penn Yan, New York
“A little old and noisy but it was really cheap for the location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The title pretty much says it all. Room was clean upon arrival. No bugs. Friendly reception. Easy check in. I could list all of the little things I didn't like about the place but the reality is, I knew what I was getting when I made our reservation. Everything is just "okay". Suffice it to say that I've stayed in Hyatts, Marriotts, as well as America's Best Value and Knight's Inns. This place is a lot more like the America's Best and Knight's Inns in both quality AND PRICE. If you're staying three nights like we were and don't mind spending the money, there's a Hampton right next door. The price for the Hampton was almost double what we paid. I can put up with scratchy towels and a few stains on the carpet for the savings in cost. We're one block from the beach. There's a DQ and a seafood restaurant across the street. Turn on the fan or AC at night to drown out the car noise. Enjoy the 19 inch old style tube TV. Also enjoy the fifty to sixty buck you'll save per night on the cost of the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

393 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a great place as i was working at a paper mill on this island. It was in July and all the other nice places had no rooms at all so this was my only option at the time. The bar attracts some trouble and one time i saw a fight in the parking lot. Alot of people hanging over the rails hollering at the girls and drinking heavily. The king room i had was very nice and the bed is comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The location was great, one block from the beach w an easy walk. It was a cold wknd so we didnt go down there. The town was small and hardly any traffic. The room was big and a little dated, tv kinda of small, had a microwave, and decent mini fridge, had a couch, tiny bathroom, nice water pressure but when ur neighbor flushed the toilet it made ur shower extremely hot.
The walls were thin and our construction worker neighbors got a little loud around 2am; i always travel w ear plugs so i didnt notice but my better half did. U can also hear water travel thru the pipes in the wall w every toilet flush.
Hotel offers free breakfast...mini muffins, pasteries, cereal, juice, english muffins, instant oatmeal, and toast. It ends at 9am.
It was a good value for what we paid. Their asking price was 80, thankfully we got it for less. I would not pay 80 for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Roswell
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Some of your rooms are used by construction workers. Perhaps they could be seperated from non working guest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My priority was location and pool and I got what I was hoping for. The pool wasn't "open" for the season yet but they unlocked the gate so I could bask in the sun. The hot tub was awesome. Hotel is located two blocks from the beach as well as a nice restaurant that has lots of outdoor seating and great views of the sunset. Restaurant is Sliders Seaside Grill. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The free breakfast was disappointing. I don't usually eat the hot food at hotels anyway so it didn't matter much that they didn't have any but I know had my husband been with he would have wanted to go elsewhere. I didn't check out the bar because I could smell the smoke before even entering. The room was okay. The carpet was very worn. It had a microwave and fridge. Bed was fine. Had I not had earplugs, I don't know if I would have gotten much sleep as it was rather noisy. Other guests were outside and were quite loud and various times of the night and early morning. I didn't see any bugs. I see another review on here that I didn't see prior to going. Had I seen that review I would not have stayed. The Hampton is one block down and I bet it was much nicer. I was debating between the two as I could have gotten a discount at the Hampton so i don't think price was much different. Next time I would stay at the Hampton unless there was a big price difference.

Room Tip: It asks me to rate the fitness center, what fitness center? If they had one, I didn't see it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I wasn't expecting to have as much fun as I did. The upkeep on the hotel is nice. The outside looks like it recently got a new paint job. From check-in to check-out the front desk staff was courteous and friendly. Helpful to recommend a restaurant close by with a beach view. Parking was great and lots to do from the pool to tennis courts. I was even able to check my email in the business center as I had forgotten my computer. We were pleasantly surprised as the cleanliness of the rooms and the grounds. The hotel is older, but kept up well. Loved the putting green out front and the bikes are top notch. Oh if you love karaoke, check out the bar attached to the hotel, I think it was Seabreeze? Anyway, had a good time....seemed as if a lot of locals were there.

Thanks Days Inn Amelia Island. We'll be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island? Share your experiences!