“If you don't care much about the room..this place is great!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island

You added Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2707 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Wisconsin
“If you don't care much about the room..this place is great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My priority was location and pool and I got what I was hoping for. The pool wasn't "open" for the season yet but they unlocked the gate so I could bask in the sun. The hot tub was awesome. Hotel is located two blocks from the beach as well as a nice restaurant that has lots of outdoor seating and great views of the sunset. Restaurant is Sliders Seaside Grill. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The free breakfast was disappointing. I don't usually eat the hot food at hotels anyway so it didn't matter much that they didn't have any but I know had my husband been with he would have wanted to go elsewhere. I didn't check out the bar because I could smell the smoke before even entering. The room was okay. The carpet was very worn. It had a microwave and fridge. Bed was fine. Had I not had earplugs, I don't know if I would have gotten much sleep as it was rather noisy. Other guests were outside and were quite loud and various times of the night and early morning. I didn't see any bugs. I see another review on here that I didn't see prior to going. Had I seen that review I would not have stayed. The Hampton is one block down and I bet it was much nicer. I was debating between the two as I could have gotten a discount at the Hampton so i don't think price was much different. Next time I would stay at the Hampton unless there was a big price difference.

Room Tip: It asks me to rate the fitness center, what fitness center? If they had one, I didn't see it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I wasn't expecting to have as much fun as I did. The upkeep on the hotel is nice. The outside looks like it recently got a new paint job. From check-in to check-out the front desk staff was courteous and friendly. Helpful to recommend a restaurant close by with a beach view. Parking was great and lots to do from the pool to tennis courts. I was even able to check my email in the business center as I had forgotten my computer. We were pleasantly surprised as the cleanliness of the rooms and the grounds. The hotel is older, but kept up well. Loved the putting green out front and the bikes are top notch. Oh if you love karaoke, check out the bar attached to the hotel, I think it was Seabreeze? Anyway, had a good time....seemed as if a lot of locals were there.

Thanks Days Inn Amelia Island. We'll be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Amelia Island is a beautiful place to visit. We have stayed at this Days Inn numerous times. The staff is great and the beach is basically across the street. The hotel is not new but the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the rates are good. The hotel grounds were really clean and on a few occasions I saw what I presumed to be management walking around checking things out. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boxtel, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

When we first saw our room, it looked reasonable. Not superclean, but ok for a hotel in this pricerange. Lots of people semi-permanently living there so it seemed. I felt like I was in the sitcom "My name is Earl". However, when it turned dark we had roaches crawling out under the microwave and beatles crawling in under the door. We did not sleep the entire night because of bugs crawling everywhere and flying round the room. They occasionally land on your face, so we did not sleep at all. Instead we were running around with a shoe squashing bugs. We had to stay for 2 nights so in the morning I went to reception and they gave us a new room. This one was on the other side of the compound, but I guess our luck ran out. There was a wedding party next door and there was lots of drinking, loud music and people tossing thier salads on our doorstep. Other guests went complaining but no-one from the hotel management seemed to care because no-one showed up to calm the party down. The next morning we left there as soon as the sun rose, never to return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Goshen, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My first time visiting the beautiful region of Amelia Island Florida and my first stay at the Days Inn. The hotel is a basic 1970's hotel my family took me too during trips to Florida. The fact that it was so close to the ocean is its best feature. The staff were very friendly and the housekeeping staff especially Christy was first rate in servicing and keep our room comfortable for the 8 days we stayed there. The carpet in our room was way past its use and is in terrible condition, the hotel should be ashamed to not clean these and they should be removed!!! We were awakened many nights by a small child whose parents let stay outside of the room at 12 and 1am each night i assume they were extended stay family. Screams and yelling were a common occurance until we finally confronted the parents. The pool was nice and the exterior very well kept.
The breakfast if thats what u call it was terrible. DAYS INN requires fruit, yogurts as we have always stayed at the Days INN when traveling I would assume they need to follow the franchise standards. There was a pile of english muffins and pastrys. Cold cereal, and coffee.
All in all we would prefer to stay next door at the Hampton Inn and pay the extra charges on our next trip to this area.

Room Tip: only ask for poolside rooms. The back is used for traveling migrant workers very scary.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Well, this is tough,,,,the location of this hotel is great. The hotel is older and shows its wear a bit. The pool was clean and the room was big. Not really clean but fine for the value. Has a little frig. The continental breakfast was mediocre and a big downside is that there is a bar located at the end of the lobby that allows smoking and the whole lobby smelled of cigarettes. We had no water for about eight hours and workeres staying in the hotel got in late to no water and raised heck outside and kept us up. The hotel compensated us with a free night for the inconvenience. Again, not the greatest but the location is perfect and the beach is beautiful

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple