My wife and I just came back from a 2 day stay in Amelia Island and we're very glad that we ended up at the Hampton Inn on South 2nd Street. My wife has already made it a point to let me know that when we do come back we need to stay at this specific hotel again. This Hampton Inn is located in historic downtown Fernandina Beach. It's convenient to everything...shops, restaraunts, you name it. Once you arrive, there is no need to get back in your vehicle except to drive out to the beach if you so choose because everything is within walking distance from the hotel. There is one important thing to note. The hotel is located right on the river next to railroad tracks. The train came through a few times during the night and sounded its whistle. If you are going to have an issue with this, please be sure to mention it to the front desk staff (if they don't ask you beforehand) so that your room can be located on the other side of the hotel away from the tracks. The hotel itself is very nice and almost feels like home. There was a nice fire burning in the lobby fireplace when we arrived. There is complimentary coffee, tea, etc set up right there in the main lobby area. The front desk staff during our stay was very pleasant and helpful when needed. While we didn't really see our cleaning staff, our room was kept very neat. We booked our stay though our Amex Hilton Honor Program and were upgraded to a suite with a kitchen, living room and the main bedroom. The room was clean and comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was fantastic! Complimentary Breakfast is served from 6am to 10am each day on the 2nd floor, and is very worth it especially if you're on a budget. The breakfast spread was very nice and including everything from cereal, pastries, belgian waffles, sausage.......and all the rest. There is also a pool, but at this time a year all we did was look at it :) There is also plenty of free parking at the hotel. There is no shortage of things to do in the area. My wife and I did a carriage tour of the area and were picked up right at the front of the hotel. All in all, this was a great hotel if not a bit impressive for the Hampton Inn. We were very pleased!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Hilton Hotels so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Amelia Island
- Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Hampton Inn Amelia Island
- Hampton Inn Fernandina Beach
- Fernandina Beach Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front Fernandina Beach, FL