“Excellent customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   4750 Amelia Island Parkway, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034-5501   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary 3rd Night
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Ritz Carlton on Amelia Island. This is my second stay at this luxury hotel and the service is a step above. I am especially pleased with the service I received from Ben Pierce at the front desk. Thank you for the exceptional service! I look forward to the remaining time I have here for this visit.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with all the amenities of home. During the summer months, it seemed to be geared towards families with small children. Serene beaches with quality family activities in the common areas. The hotel staff was top notch and the restaurants were excellent, if a bit pricey. I would suggest exploring the island and finding good food spots around the town.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New Providence, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The most impressive thing about this resort is that the staff has a lot of longevity. Many of the workers prided themselves on telling you that they had been here for decades. To me, that is the sign of good management. There are a few things that might be considered glitches but to me, it's more about how the hotel handles the glitches than the glitches themselves. For one thing, the TV was broken in one of our rooms (we had two connecting rooms). They came up immediately to fix it and when they couldn't, they simply replaced it. And right away. Also, the faucet in the bathroom tub was broken and again, they immediately fixed it. One might argue that these things shouldn't happen in a five star hotel but they do, and the hotel attended it it right away. I found the grounds to be quite lovely, the beds comfortable, and the beach beautiful with clear, clean water. I liked the pool a lot and thought the lounge chairs were adequate (not really luxurious). The breakfast buffet was absolutely superb. The other restaurants, Salt and Cafe 4750 were fine, not spectacular. I had a wonderful massage with Alexa--one of the top ten massages I have ever had in my life and I've had thousands. She is worth another trip to the hotel, just for her massage. She has been with the hotel fifteen years. I like that they treat their staff well. The one gripe I have is that the Kids Club was kind of...non-existent. Perhaps it was the time of year (late August)? My two children, ages 7 and 8, were the only children in the Kids Club all week. I never put them in for a full day, just three hours. It seemed kind of quiet and intimidating to have NO other children in the club. At the Four Season in Palm Beach, for example, the Kids Club is hopping and the kids beg to go. I only point this out because if relying on the Kids Club for a few hours a day is part of your vacation plan, think twice about the Ritz Carlton here. Maybe because they charge an arm and a leg for it? At Four Seasons, the Kids Club is complimentary and I think that's why so many more people take advantage of it. But if I were here with an only child, there is no way I would put them in the Club alone. Overall, we had a terrific time here. Fernandina Beach is a quaint, fun town and a nice getaway from the hotel. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I needed to get away for awhile after a horrendous summer ... we just wanted a quiet, luxurious place to be pampered and to relax a bit...the Ritz Amelia Island didn't disappoint! It is a relatively small resort, but has all the amenities one would want. Fortunately, we could go after school started, which was a plus...we had heard that in the summer it is full of families and excited kids...since our "kid" is 24 years old, we don't find other kids as endearing as we once did..that said, the few kids here were well behaved and adorable! Anyway, the staff was great and after our first meal here our server slipped a letter under our door telling us what a pleasure it was to have us dine with him and that we were lots of fun! In our numerous stays a 5 star hotels, this was a first! Salt Restaurant is an awesome, unique experience..all in all, rooms are clean, staff is great, food is good (room service) ... only complaint the whole time is that we ordered the assorted cookies for dessert one night .. 3 cookies for $8.00 and they were all terrible....oh well ... we'll be back!!

Room Tip: Need a room on a higher floor with an Ocean view...next time we'll reserve a suite overlooking t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed in early September for a quick getaway. This was our first time here and I hope to return again. The staff at the club level were superb. No complaints at all. The beach was beautiful and the spa was great as well. Don't forget to go to salt! I didn't play golf but next time I will. 30 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Ritz Amelia is a gorgeous, relatively small hotel resort right on the Atlantic. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The beachfront area is beautiful and very relaxing. There is an outdoor pool which is adequate but can feel small if it gets crowded. There is also a nice indoor pool as well. It seems that there are always lots of small children here, this is a very friendly hotel with a pirate/treasure map theme in keeping with Amelia Island. At nights in the lobby they have live music and it is very nice. Overall, very nice hotel. Kind of a bummer that you can only valet park. Sometimes the valet stuff can get overwhelming, especially if there are a lot of people checking in/out or leaving/going at the same time as you. On two occasions, they brought out they the wrong vehicle (the other guest had the same last name). Everybody is friendly and nice though.

Room Tip: Try and get a corner room, they will be bigger.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Certain members of the staff were very attentive and the hotel has lots of on site amenities (tennis facilities, 3rd largest Ritz spa). One thing worth noting is that the walls are paper thin. Luckily this isn't the type of place partying 20 somethings hangout but you could clearly hear all hallway conversations. All and all this is a beautiful property but it lacks the wow factor.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island? Share your experiences!