“Didn't leave until we had to!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   4750 Amelia Island Parkway, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034-5501   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary 3rd Night
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Smyrna, Georgia, United States
“Didn't leave until we had to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We loved our weekend here at the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island. Salt was awesome and I highly recommend the "Chef's Adventure" if its available when you are dining there. We also had fresh grilled fish tacos on the beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I recently brought our two children (2,5) here for a family vacation and we will be back next year for sure! Overall our stay was amazing and truly relaxing. This is a great place for a family vacation and to unwind.

Some things I loved were:

The swim diapers provided for you at the pool free of charge (this is a small thing, but to a busy mom who always forgets to pack enough this is a huge plus! The small, thoughtful things like this win me over)

The service overall is incredible! From the incredible waiters at Cafe 4750 (Jonathan for breakfast and James for dinner, you guys were fantastic!) to the helpful pool and beach staff who set up your chairs and bring you towels, to the poolside waiters who keep the drinks flowing, I cannot say enough about the amazing staff. Ritz does customer service right.

The breakfast buffet at Cafe 4750 was wonderful and had something for everyone in my family, we enjoyed it so much.

The staff at the kids club were attentive and sweet with the children, I felt confident in leaving my child there. We did not end up doing the kids camp or the kids night out but next year we will.

The amazing smell in the lobby! The aroma of the lobby is so divine I ended up buying the diffuser, both candles and the room spray to bring home with me. I am in love with the scent and will think of our trip fondly as I enjoy my goodies.

Enrique at the front desk was helpful and a pleasure.

What I think could be improved upon...

The pool bar closes at 6. I could understand if it was off season but we stayed there in August and on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening the bar closed at 6 even though the pool was still packed. I think they are missing an opportunity here and should consider extending the pool bar service to 8 p.m. on weekends during the high season. I know my husband and I and the other 20 or so parents who couldn't drag their children out of the pool would have loved to enjoy a cocktail!

There is no beach service for drinks or food. Now food I can understand, but I do think they should offer drink service on the beach during limited hours. This was a major disappointment especially since it was so hot and when I went to get some of the water from the water station it was empty!

Beach umbrellas are $25 a day to rent. Ok I get that this is a moneymaker but seriously, the beach umbrellas should be free and if people want to upgrade to a cabana then charge for that but charging for the umbrellas is tacky. They are a must for the scorching sun!

The pool is too small and jam packed! My husband and I agreed that the only downside to this resort and the reason it only gets 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the pool. I have been to Marriott vacation clubs with far superior pools! In my opinion it needs a renovation...remove the playground and relocate it to the lawn in front of the lounge & the fire pit.Having a play ground on that lawn would be perfect and encourage families to use the chairs and chimeneas that seemed to go empty during our entire trip. Additionally, having the playground in it's current location which is next to the pool is a bit gross...kids run straight from the sand into the pool and the pool is covered in sand as a result. I know there is a shower there but lets be honest, kids do not stop to take the time to shower the sand off! So remove the playground then expand the pool into that area and connect the toddler pool and play area to the larger pool and provide a zero entry option. Zero entry pools are important to families with young children and this expansion of the pool would greatly improve the experience. Additionally you could remove one tier of seating...we never saw the third tier get utilized at all even though the pool was packed. If you expanded the pool and removed one tier you could reduce some of the crowding in the pool. One more thought...provide a bridge over the water- something to swim under- or some fountains, some sort of wow factor. Currently the pool is "super boring" as my 5 year old said. The pool matters to families who vacation and these families spend money so you should really consider this upgrade.

We loved this hotel and we do plan to return next year! The beach was huge and never felt crowded and the staff goes above and beyond to make your stay a true vacation.

Room Tip: If you have kids and plan to spend lots of time at the pool then stay in the tower closest to the po...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
echo78
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Don't let the Florida address fool you. This property has beautiful dunes and beaches that feel more like northern beaches than the flatlands of South Florida. The hotel itself is lovely, with a style similar to most other Ritz Carlton properties. The spa is great too. We traveled without kids and the spa pool was a great getaway from the hustle and bustle of the kid friendly large pool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Byron, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This property seems to set the standard for service,in our opinion. Everything about our stay was absolutely wonderful. The room was extremely comfortable and every need is met by the helpful staff. The spa has just been voted the top spa in the Ritz-Carlton family.This is a place that I am sure that we will return to many times!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Aside from the obvious amenities, the staff is to be highly commended for their service and always ready response to one's needs. We were surprised by flowers and gifts for my mother's 75th birthday. That really made her trip so much the more memorable.

Room Tip: I would image that any room would give the guest a spectacular view of the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Beautiful hotel on beach with full services. This is worth being a destination of it's on with everything you need or want at your finger tips. Explore Amelia walking, watch the surf, swim, veg!
Lovely hotel in a beautiful setting?

Room Tip: Can't go wrong!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sayreville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

What can I say.. another truly wonderful experience at a Ritz-Carlton and the Amelia Island Ritz did not disappoint. The service and individual attention given to their guest is truly amazing. I read some of the negative reviews and I cannot understand how anyone who stayed here can complain of anything.. I just don't get it.

We stayed for 5 days 4 nights from July 21st to July 25th.

Check in was pleasant and quick. As a Marriott GOLD member I was upgraded to a full ocean view and let me tell you... room 885 had the best view of the beach and the Atlantic ocean. It was very clean and spacious.

Only the Ritz is capable of services such as waiting for you with an umbrella when it looks like rain. Filling my room cooler with ice when I forgot to and knowing I had my kids milk in there. Finding and bringing up my sons swimming trunks when it flew of our balcony when we didn't ask for it to be returned. Putting ice cold water bottles in our car when the valet brought the car around. The list goes on..

We had access to the Club Lounge and as always was a great place to relax with a drink and a few snacks. The lounge staff as always is amazing. They truly know you and anticipate your needs. I want to thank Brian, Cathrine and TJ for their amazing service and care. They were always kind and good to us and our kids. Thank you!

The beaches are very clean and not crowded. Always someone there to help if you need it.

As long as the Ritz-Carlton stays this classy and provide such great service, I do not mind paying what they charge. The Ritz-Carlton has become my home away from home when I travel with my family.

Things to know about Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island:

Valet Parking is $20 a night (for my stay it was included in the rate)

Wi-Fi is also $10 a night (it was included for me in my rate)

Beach umbrella is $25 for the entire day. You can leave the beach and come back to it any time you like as often as you like. For example, you can go for lunch, or to the pool and come back later and will be kept there for you.

The Spa was an amazing experience. With every spa treatment you also get to use the entire spa facilities for the entire day.

If you are staying at club level or staying with club level access the entire spa facilitates are available for you to use every day. This includes, the steam room, sauna, adult pool, the whirlpool.

Final verdict: Read all the reviews and just go experience Amelia Island at the Ritz-Carlton, you will be glad you did.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrades at check in. Room 885 is one of the best locations. Upgrade to Club Level access...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island? Share your experiences!