“An AMAZING stay at the Ritz!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   4750 Amelia Island Parkway, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034-5501   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$500 Resort Credit
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Fernandina Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Byron, Georgia
“An AMAZING stay at the Ritz!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This property seems to set the standard for service,in our opinion. Everything about our stay was absolutely wonderful. The room was extremely comfortable and every need is met by the helpful staff. The spa has just been voted the top spa in the Ritz-Carlton family.This is a place that I am sure that we will return to many times!!

1,131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Aside from the obvious amenities, the staff is to be highly commended for their service and always ready response to one's needs. We were surprised by flowers and gifts for my mother's 75th birthday. That really made her trip so much the more memorable.

Room Tip: I would image that any room would give the guest a spectacular view of the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Beautiful hotel on beach with full services. This is worth being a destination of it's on with everything you need or want at your finger tips. Explore Amelia walking, watch the surf, swim, veg!
Lovely hotel in a beautiful setting?

Room Tip: Can't go wrong!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sayreville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

What can I say.. another truly wonderful experience at a Ritz-Carlton and the Amelia Island Ritz did not disappoint. The service and individual attention given to their guest is truly amazing. I read some of the negative reviews and I cannot understand how anyone who stayed here can complain of anything.. I just don't get it.

We stayed for 5 days 4 nights from July 21st to July 25th.

Check in was pleasant and quick. As a Marriott GOLD member I was upgraded to a full ocean view and let me tell you... room 885 had the best view of the beach and the Atlantic ocean. It was very clean and spacious.

Only the Ritz is capable of services such as waiting for you with an umbrella when it looks like rain. Filling my room cooler with ice when I forgot to and knowing I had my kids milk in there. Finding and bringing up my sons swimming trunks when it flew of our balcony when we didn't ask for it to be returned. Putting ice cold water bottles in our car when the valet brought the car around. The list goes on..

We had access to the Club Lounge and as always was a great place to relax with a drink and a few snacks. The lounge staff as always is amazing. They truly know you and anticipate your needs. I want to thank Brian, Cathrine and TJ for their amazing service and care. They were always kind and good to us and our kids. Thank you!

The beaches are very clean and not crowded. Always someone there to help if you need it.

As long as the Ritz-Carlton stays this classy and provide such great service, I do not mind paying what they charge. The Ritz-Carlton has become my home away from home when I travel with my family.

Things to know about Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island:

Valet Parking is $20 a night (for my stay it was included in the rate)

Wi-Fi is also $10 a night (it was included for me in my rate)

Beach umbrella is $25 for the entire day. You can leave the beach and come back to it any time you like as often as you like. For example, you can go for lunch, or to the pool and come back later and will be kept there for you.

The Spa was an amazing experience. With every spa treatment you also get to use the entire spa facilities for the entire day.

If you are staying at club level or staying with club level access the entire spa facilitates are available for you to use every day. This includes, the steam room, sauna, adult pool, the whirlpool.

Final verdict: Read all the reviews and just go experience Amelia Island at the Ritz-Carlton, you will be glad you did.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrades at check in. Room 885 is one of the best locations. Upgrade to Club Level access...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I were here for a conference , four nights. Everyone from the valet staff, check in , pool attendants, servers and house keeping were top notch. Beautiful facilities. Pool side food service was quick and tasty but pricey. My lunch consisted of a sandwich, chips and a cola cost about 25.00 including the tip. I am disappointed that the internet was not included with room charge , it seems when you are paying this rate they could include it. Overall it was a pleasant experience. I would probably not make this a vacation destination if it were not for the conference.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool side if you are there for a vacation. It is a long way to activities if...
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is not the first time we have stayed at this hotel. I was there for a conference with my family. We arrived about 1:00 a.m. We called first, so they did not sell our room which they have done in the past. We left our room in the morning and returned around 3:00 p.m., housekeeping had not made up the room. They came by around 3:30 p.m. when we were trying to take a nap.
Since it had been raining, we decided to have dinner at Cafe 4750. The hostess asked us if we had reservations. We did not. She said we would have to come back between 6:30 and 7:00 p.m. even though it was already 6:30 p.m. This is the casual restaurant and there were empty tables. We left the hotel and ate dinner elsewhere. When we returned, there were still empty tables.
Approximately 1:15 a.m. the following morning, the alarm went off. We exited the building using the stairs. There were no staff members around until we went to the reception desk. They said it was a false alarm and apologized. My family and I were disappointed by this hotel.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Ritz-Carlton is a great property, especially if you're a golfer. Customer service is what you'd expect from a Ritz...great. They really know how to make you feel special. The one exception to that was the restaurant which I'm guessing wasn't managed by the Ritz Carlton. One day I had just finished up at the pool and was in a swim suit and t-shirt. I walked up to the host of the restaurant and asked whether I could get a reservation for the evening. The gentleman looks me up and down and said "I suggest you try somewhere else" I was absolutely appalled. I've eaten at some of the nicest restaurants all over the world and have never been made to feel that way. Approach is everything...all the guy had to do was so "of course, but there is a dress code." I'm not a perfectionist and don't expect every stay to be perfect. This one small thing, however, was enough to keep me away from this restaurant for good.

It was bad enough that I truly do think the GM ought to discuss the approach with the people at Salt.

On a positive, I decided not to go back to restaurant and we spent the rest of the trip going to town every evening. That was great as downtown Amelia Island is a cute little beach town. I do wish The Ritz-Carlton was a bit closer to the downtown though.

Unfortunately for The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island I will very likely not be back just because I'd want to be able to eat a nice meal on property and I'm too turned off by this one. There are plenty of great hotels in the world without having to relive that experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island? Share your experiences!