This hotel had great service. it was a bit crowded, seeing as it was spring break, but the staff went out of their way to provide amazing service. The hotel is lovely, the pool and beach area are nice. They have a 45 minute rule at the pool, where if you leave your chair unoccupied for 45 minutes they will remove your things and let someone else sit there. They do enforce this rule, which is nice, because it is my pet peeve when people claim chairs first thing in the morning then don't show up at the pool for hours.
Hotel gym was great, lobby bar nice as well. It was unseasonably cold when we were there so didn't get to spend too many nights by the firepit.
The only negative was the food at the 4750 cafe. very mediocre, very uninspired, not alot of choices. The ambience was lacking as well -- they do have outdoor seating but like I said it was too cold for most of the trip and the room inside is drab and beige.
With the exception of Ft Clinch State park, the island itself is a little lacking in things to do
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in southern charm at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island. With miles of pristine beaches to explore, you’ll find yourself basking in the glow of the sun as you swim, relax or walk along the sandy shore. As one of the most popular beach destinations on the East Coast, this luxury hotel in Florida provides a welcome barrier between you and the world beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton - Amelia Island Hotel Amelia Island
- Ritz Carlton Amelia Island
- Ritz Amelia Island
- Amelia Island Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island Fernandina Beach, FL