“Lovely place, maybe not worth the high price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   4750 Amelia Island Parkway, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034-5501   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$75 Credit + Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Steamboat Springs, CO
“Lovely place, maybe not worth the high price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Attended a conference at this hotel along with 150 other people. The Hotel did a good job with food and the event. Only complaint was the air conditioning had everyone freezing. The rooms are quite nice, but not fantastic. But they should be fantastic for what they charge. This event was in late October, somewhat off season, and was "only" $249 pler nite plus taxes and parking and other fees due to the size of the group. We enjoyed road cycling in the area, but had all our meals at the hotel due to the conference. .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

So let's face it - the Ritz Carlton has a long history of service and luxury and this property is no exception. Recently remodeled, the rooms and public areas are comfortable and tasteful. There are two restaurants, a sports bar, an outdoor bar and a lobby bar with an outdoor area. The rooms are spacious and well appointed with bathrobes, lots of toiletries and a well stocked mini bar. We had a nice balcony where we could sit and enjoy a view of the beach as well as the outdoor hotel area. They have set up several outdoor seating areas with chimineas as well as a larger area with a fire pit - perfect for the beach. There is a beautiful outdoor pool area as well as an indoor pool and the spa has its own pool area. Very nice! Service was a bit hit and miss. They had one staff member manning the beach which was not nearly enough. Additionally although they had drink service in the pool area, nothing on the beach which was disappointing. Overall recommended and we will definitely return,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I debated between 4 and 5 stars and wish I could go 4.5 but the service really pushed it to 5. This RC is on the beach with amazing indoor and outdoor pools, clay tennis courts, fire pits, and one fantastic spa. Can't say enough about the service. I was here for 3 nights, 4 days for a conference and really had a spectacular time. I did not experience the restaurants other than the pool side cafe since all meals were centered around group/work.

Highly recommend John for a private tennis lesson which was very affordable much to my surprise. Racquets available for use on premises. And Paul is a seriously fabulous massage therapist. Yes, the spa is pricey as expected but the facilities are nice and I was given access all weekend. The gym is also very nice.

The only reason I was debating 4 vs 5 was the room quality for a RC. Compared to the RC Tucson and RC Tahoe, the room was a bit dated.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive about noise, be aware that the band in the lobby plays late and when people ope...
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed three days on business. This is a great hotel for meetings or for a getaway. Our room was large, clean, with plenty of space for clothes and lots of outlets for charging phones and computers. It had a business desk with a very good chair. The bath was large with tub and shower (big shower head), two basins, and plenty or room for my wife's cosmetics. Plus, there was a hidden, built-in safe in the closet. The room was very quiet, and we slept with our balcony door open all night.

Staff were very helpful and very friendly. I really liked the many chairs and lobby areas where we could sit and converse with colleagues. Lots of lounges around the pool. Lots of good food, at the pool, at a cafe, at an informal restaurant, and at a good restaurant. Plus, there was a large ocean beach with umbrellas and chairs.

Several hundred people attended our meeting, and the lunches provided by the hotel were very good. The hotel also catered a reception with enough light food that dinner was not needed. Breakfast was good but not outstanding.

I highly recommend the hotel for both business meetings, for romantic get aways, and for a family vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view.
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We love our weekend getaways at this resort. From the moment you arrive you are greeted with smiling and very helpful staff. The rooms are absolutely beautiful and if you stay on the club level you are treated to a more intimate atmosphere along with food presentations throughout the day and a wonderful selection of beverages.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband had a Mayo conference to attend and my 15 month old son and I tagged along. We have stayed at several Ritz properties in the past, so I was nervous about bringing a toddler. As soon as we checked in, I had no more worries. The check in staff was wonderful about putting my worries to rest, and even gave us a list of nannys to utilize if we wanted a date night. We ended up not using them- but please know they are available(from concierge)

The rooms were wonderful, and spacious. Room for a roll away crib without feeling cramped. My only issue with the room was the balcony railing. My child could have crawled through and fell. I noticed when at the pool some of the rooms had the concrete that came up so a child couldn't fall- and the first floor room had a patio like area with a concrete wall. Next time we come (and we most definitely will!) we will specifically ask for one of those rooms. I was a nervous wreck on the balcony with my inquisitive and speedy son- so we never went out there. Bummer.

My son LOVED the kiddie pool. He loved being able to walk around, play in the sprinkler things, and the fact he could get in and out of the water on his own. We spent HOURS here everyday. It is in a good location also because when the sun starts to get really intense- the building casts its shade over the pool early (maybe 2 ish?)

The "big" pool is wonderful also- nice and heated! The indoor pool seemed to be cooler than the outdoor one- perhaps because of the AC? We went in there one day when it was raining, and my poor kiddos teeth were chattering. There are swim diapers provided if you forget.

The outdoor restaurant had the best chicken fingers- and I am becoming a connoisseur of chicken fingers in motherhood. They close earlier than I would have liked though.

The indoor sports bar was great! We bonded with a bartender named Mikayla, and she did an outstanding job taking care of us. We were in there during the cocktail class, and she was sure to include us. We had the baby, so we stayed a little farther back from from the bar- but she was attentive even to us. This area was a good place to let our son wander around and not be cooped up. Mikayla was wonderful and got our son a little stuffed turtle from the gift shop- he now wants it in his crib with him.

I really appreciated how the staff was so welcoming of our son, and even went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. It is stressful traveling with a small child, and they helped in everyway they could to make it easier.

We also really enjoyed the walking trail right outside the resort. I am not sure if that is a Ritz maintained or not, but it was wonderful. When I would come back from walking, I would be greeted with a cold bottle of water.

I wish I could live here. :)

Room Tip: If you have a small child/toddler and are worried about safety- go on the ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

What a great hotel. The service was beyond compare. We were there for a convention and they did an outstanding job with both service and food. Our room was excellent and had all the best amenities. When we needed to find something an employee would stop what they were doing and take us to the location we were looking for. What a nice touch.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island
Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia...
#1 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,072 reviews
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#4 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 235 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#2 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 882 reviews
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#3 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 447 reviews
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 543 reviews

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island? Share your experiences!