We had originally had a room booked out near the beach, but there was a discrepancy in the reservation, so we called to see if they had a room, of which only one was left so we took it. This was my first stay at a B&B and I was really impressed. This Inn is an historic site and the people have taken very good measures to make you stay pleasant. We were located on the 2nd floor with access to the front porch that covers the entire front with rocking chairs facing the street. Restaurants are within walking distance. The room has it's own bathroom and fireplace. We will definitely plan to go there again in the coming years as a nice getaway. As far as the bar next door with the live band, we sat on the porch and listened most of the evening to great music. So, if you go and don't like music, get a room at the rear corner.
- Also Known As:
- Florida House Hotel
- Florida House Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Florida House Inn Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, FL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Florida House Inn was built in 1857 by David Yulee and is considered the oldest active Inn in Florida. The Inn has housed many famous people like Ulysses S. Grant, The Carnegies and the Rockerfellers, just to name a few. Come for a visit and step back in time with us.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Fareportal and Venere so you can book your Florida House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.