Constructed in 1855 or so as a boarding house for the workers building Sen. Yulee's cross Florida Railroad this two story building (with addition) 'fit' our history tour of Florida. Private parking in the back, you walk thru flowers and gardens or park out front to unload. Breakfast included, fresh cooked in their full kitchen. Good, not exceptional.
The rooms are well decorated, comfortable. Public porches off most rooms. Only 'complaint' the bathrooms are tiny.. pay attention to bath when you pick your room, we didn't and my wife couldnt find room for any 'lady' things.
Around $140 a night. Yes, you can stay at the Hampton for less, but location is excellent, new management friendly and helpful, there is a bar / restaurant (we did not eat at). Real history and thrilled after 150 years still up and running.
- Also Known As:
- Florida House Hotel
- Florida House Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Florida House Inn Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, FL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Florida House Inn was built in 1857 by David Yulee and is considered the oldest active Inn in Florida. The Inn has housed many famous people like Ulysses S. Grant, The Carnegies and the Rockerfellers, just to name a few. Come for a visit and step back in time with us.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Fareportal and Venere so you can book your Florida House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.