Having lived in Florida and seen the destruction that "progress' has wrought, it is nice to have some places left that still have the unique ambiance of times past. Fernandina is one such place, and the Florida House Inn is a gem. Our room was small, but comfortable, with a nice porch outside. Only were able to stay one night - would like to go back for a longer visit next time we're in Fernandina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Florida House Inn was built in 1857 by David Yulee and is considered the oldest active Inn in Florida. The Inn has housed many famous people like Ulysses S. Grant, The Carnegies and the Rockerfellers, just to name a few. Come for a visit and step back in time with us.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Florida House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florida House Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Florida House Inn Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, FL