My wife Jill and I were married at the Florida House Inn on May 7th this year (2011). Emily and Marshall were incredibly easy to work with and they accomodated in every way we asked.
As far as the venue, we could not have asked for a more intimate and beautiful setting in the courtyard. We had our guests arrive about 30 to 45 minutes before the ceremony started where everyone had cocktails on the back porch (please note they have beer wine and liquor which is not easy in Nassau County).
We had our reception at Cafe Karibo (which is a must eat on the Island) then some of us came back to the Inn for a quiet little after party which once again Marshall and Emily were gracious enough to allow us to do, with no prior notice.
If you're looking for a historic place to stay and or get married, the Florida House Inn is the place hands down.
Both my wife and I live on Amelia Island and took our time doing our homework and selected the Florida House in because weknew it would be the best location for our wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Florida House Inn was built in 1857 by David Yulee and is considered the oldest active Inn in Florida. The Inn has housed many famous people like Ulysses S. Grant, The Carnegies and the Rockerfellers, just to name a few. Come for a visit and step back in time with us.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Florida House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florida House Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Florida House Inn Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, FL