“My Favorite Date Night” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: New owners/chef as of Summer 2010. Chef, Brian Grimley. Fantastic food, intimate location, menu changes weekly.
Fernandina Beach, FL
“My Favorite Date Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

As a local I have to say that my boyfriend and I only eat calamari at Lulu's.... We had it once and will never eat it elsewhere AGAIN! It is delicious. Chef Brian and the friendly staff make you feel like you're in their home. I've had a few of Chef's specials as well as the "Love on a Plate" salad and have NEVER had a bad meal! Looking forward to dining here again and again!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food in a great athmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is truely a gem, we sat outside under the gazebo and enjoyed everything, the food, the wine, the staff, the other guests, it is a bit like being invited to someone's garden party with excellent food. You have to go there if you stay on the island.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Ate at Lulu's, I had the shrimp & Grits and they were wonderful, my husband had the mac & Cheese which is a shrimp pasta dish that was very good also. We also shared a salad that was a spring mix with roasted pecans, blue cheese chunks and sweet potatoes on top with the best dressing ever, we bought some of the dressing and brought it back. Loved everything we ate.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“just an OK place on Amelia”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

On our last visit to Amelia in May, we were unable to get reservations for this restaurant. We determined we had to visit, based on the reviews we had read. We were not all that impressed with LuLu's, however.
Our appetizer was VERY good and different- lightly battered and fried calamari and peppers. The heat of the peppers was a wonderful compliment to this tender, not greasy calamari. That was the best part of our meal. My husband had a creole dish with seafood and 'southern' risotto. While he said the seafood was ok, the risotto taste was somewhat 'flat'= was his best description. Southern risotto is risotto with black eyed peas/ ham. It definitely needed more something.
I opted for grouper w/ a scallop with a spicy creole sauce. The grouper was very, very good- fresh, tender, lightly pan seared w/ the right flavors in the sauce. The scallop was a little tough and I only had the one bite.
Dining was open air- it was warm, but overcast with a nice breeze so it wasn't uncomfortably hot. I can't imagine eating there in the heat of the summer.
I doubt we will re-visit- there isn't anything that really stands out on the menu. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone, but not because anything was "bad", but because it is just average for the price.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Best shrimp ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had the best shrimp I've ever eaten here! We were told it was local fresh shrimp. My husband and I each had a different shrimp dish - both were fabulous.