“Every Amenity” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hoyt House Inn

You added Hoyt House Inn to your Saves list
Hoyt House Inn
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   804 Atlantic Avenue, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Special Offer
BOGO SPECIAL
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklyn, New York
“Every Amenity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed for one night, a stopover on our way to Hilton Head Island, and found the Hoyt House to be an excellent choice. The owners, who are charming, have been here for less than a year, and they are working extra hard to build an excellent reputation. They really pile on the amenities -- we had amenities here that you do not find in five-star hotels. You have to give them credit.

The property itself is quite attractive, an old mansion located on the edge of the historic center of Fernandina Beach town, which is peaceful and enchanting. The house has been well-maintained, furnished and renovated with great charm and taste. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast generous and tasty.

The owners helpfully recommended local restaurants, several of which are within short walking distance. Harborfront attractions are also within walking distance, though slightly further away.

Everything you would expect in a quality B&B, with extra amenities to boot.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I was traveling with my mother and two daughters for mothers day weekend. We had never stayed in a bed and breakfast and i must admit I was totally surprised. For all of us it was a relaxing weekend. We loved it and would love to come back. Not one complaint.

Room Tip: All the rooms were wonderful.
taos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

the innkeepers couldn't have been nicer and more accommodating. My sister needed special assistance and they made it relatively easy. The breakfast was divine. The porch felt like home, the pool was private and you can walk to the village of Fernandina Beach. I will definatley go back. connie

Port Saint Lucie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

We held our 25th Sorority reunion here with 12 women. Myrta and Deborah were wonderful to work with and so helpful with our needs as a group. I would recommend this B&B to everyone who wants to hold a reunion here, be it family or friends. Perfect location to enjoying the island.

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms have less street noise.
Elizabeth, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

My son is 15 years old and wheelchair bound. Needless to say, accommodations are very difficult to come by. This is the reason why I hadn't taken a vacation in 10 years!! I finally decided to treat myself and my son to some R and R!! A cold hotel just didn't seem like the right option for us! I am so happy with the choice I made! There was plenty of room for my son and his chair! The setting was very comfortable! Even the most high strung person could not help feeling relaxed! The pool and the poolside were delightful!! The inn keepers thought of everything! They even had a personalized welcome card waiting for us when we checked in our rooms! Our whole experience there was just pure relaxation! It was all the luxuries of a get away without all the commercialism! The intimate setting of the Hoyt House was just what my son and I needed! We cannot wait to be able to get away again, because we are going right back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

My boyfriend took me to the Hoyt House on Amelia Island for my 40th Birthday this year. We stayed in the Hoyt Suite for 7 nights and did not want to leave. We were so impressed with everything. The innkeepers were so wonderful and just a pleasure to be around. We really enjoyed their company during our stay and the other guests. All the food served was amazing...best scones ever, but don't think you will get the receipe, as I already tried! Our room was beautifully furnished and very cozy. We loved having the large screen tv in our room and the separate changing chambers. The backyard with the pool and spa look just like the pictures on the web-site...amazing and very well manicured. We also liked the location of the B&B being so close to downtown and the marina. I have only wonderful things to say about this experience at the Hoyt House and we are looking forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: All the rooms were unique and full of character
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

My husband and myself chose Hoyt House for a weekend getaway to Amelia Island. The house is located on the main street of the Historical district within easy walking distance of shops and dining. Our hostesses were gracious and friendly and our interaction with the two of them added to our enjoyment of a lovely historical B&B. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious all three mornings. The evening Happy Hour in the "Pub" area allowed us to mingle with other guests as well as our hostesses. The use of the free bicycles was a fun way to explore the Historic district and beach area further.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hoyt House Inn? Share your experiences!