“Best fried shrimp I've ever had” 5 of 5 stars

904-432-8213
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Best fried shrimp I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Kelley's served me the best fried shrimp I've ever had. My girlfriend and I stumbled across Kelley's last Saturday night while wandering around downtown. We were seated outside in a leafy courtyard that felt nicely secluded and intimate. I ordered the fried-shrimp-and-oyster platter, and my girlfriend had the shrimp po'boy. We were both blown away by the taste and quality of the shrimp----lightly battered, huge and fresh. According to our extremely pleasant and informative waitress, Kelley's only serves shrimp caught by local shrimpers----never frozen. I've vacationed in Fernandina for more than 30 years, and every time I'm here I always eat a boatload of fried shrimp. Kelley's are the best I've ever had.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Down home, great food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We had a fabulous time, our waitress Laura was super, especially loved the crab cakes and fresh hummus. Fish was very fresh. Laura treated us like family and couldn't have been more attentive. The only downer was it was a rainy night so we were inside stuck next to a screaming (seriously screaming-like needed to be taken outside) kid who was so obnoxious. Can't wait to return and sit outside (hopefully next to no screaming kid) and p.s. We had 3 with us so we get -but know when to remove the screamer!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“My kind of place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I don't normally go out to eat alone but walking into Kelley's courtyard I was welcomed with a smile, and never felt alone throughout lunch! Everyone was small town friendly and so fun. My shrimp po boy was so good I want another!! My next visit can't be soon enough! Great place

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Good Local Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I live at Fernandina Beach and eat out frequently. Kelley's Courtyard is one of my favorite local restaurants. The food is good and, the service is very friendly. One of the things I like most about the restaurant is the seasoning seems to always be perfect and the vegetables are always fresh. Staff mention the specials of the day and are accommodating regarding changes in the event you would prefer something be left out.

When I go there I frequently eat their wraps and salads always leaving room for a Blueberry dessert which is a family specialty. All in all I think this is one of the best restaurants at Fernandina. Looking back on the number of times I have been there only one complaint and that was it was full and I had to wait. Oh well the secret is out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Local Seafood Always Tastes the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

So excited to find out that this little downtown gem serves locally caught shrimp & fish. It was well prepared by their talented Chef Mike. We loved our Shrimp Po' Boy & Mahi Sandwich. The side of Black Beans & Rice were the best I've ever had! Will definitely be visiting this resturant again.