“Attended Road Scholar 5 day program headquartered at this hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island

You added Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Mistletoe Wishes
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Delaware
“Attended Road Scholar 5 day program headquartered at this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

This is a very nice hotel a couple of blocks from the beach. Rooms have small kitchen, office area, living room and bedroom. Full breakfast served buffet-style beginning at 6:30 am. There is a 2 mile walking trail beginning at the the hotel's parking lot that provided early morning exercise and birding for several in our group. Meeting room was large and comfortable for our group lectures.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Homerville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

The quality of this hotel far exceeds any of the other hotels I have visited on the island. The front desk staff were friendly & welcoming on my arrival, as were all other staff I encountered during my stay. The rooms are very spacious & nicely furnished. Although I was not traveling with my pet, I did see several guests walking with their dogs both inside & outside of the hotel. I did not see any negative effect on the hotel as a result of it being “pet friendly.” My room was very quiet & clean as were other areas of the hotel. This is now my “hotel of choice” & I have already made reservations for my next visit.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

My wife and I spent 2 nights there during school vacation week. We had a 1 bedroom suite that was huge, had a full kitchen and was a true "close the door to the bedroom" kind of suite. A very short walk to a very nice sandy beach. We didn't use the pool, but my wife reports the fitness center was well outfitted. Only complaint (minor) was the tub/toilet room was tight. Downtown Fernandina Beach is a short drive away, but there is a shopping area with restaurants within a 10-15 minute walk.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

We stayed here in early February and were very pleased with the location, the room, the service, the breakfast and the price. Our room was very comfortable and really, really quiet. I don't think we heard another guest from our room at any point during our stay. It was nice to be in a hotel without hearing other showers, toilets flushing and talking in the hallway. The location was nice, just a coiple of blocks from the beach which was great for walks and not far from the "downtown" area. Being fairly central othe island, it was easy to get anywhere we wanted to go. We had a small kitchen which was pretty well stocked with dishes and the like and there are a couple of grocery stores about 5 minutes down the main road where we picked up microwave meals and ate in. The laundry facilities were clean and convenient, too. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

I had the unique plesure of staying here for a recent business trip. I have stayed at many Marriott properties as well as many other chains. This particular property really impressed me however. Everything was meticulously clean and well cared for, the design was very pretty but most impressive was the staff- every single person I had contact with was incredibly friendly, totally service oriented, and genuinely seemed happy to be doing their jobs. It was a true testament to a well managed property and a rare treat these days in a world filled with so many random options. I will plan to bring the family back next time we vacation in the area as I am sure it will be another great experience!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Peachtree City, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

My wife & I planned a quick get-away and stayed two nights at the Residence Inn, Amelia Island. As a bonus, we used our Marriott points. We have stayed in many places throughout the world, and this was a nice place. The place was clean, free wireless, kitchen, it was just a good place to relax. The beach was less than a block away. Each morning we would have our free full breakfast and then head out for the day.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Aurora, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

My husband and I like to have control over what we eat. We seek out lodging that has cooking facilities. The full kitchen was certainly a deciding factor for us as we booked our room. Everything meet our expectations. Plenty of room in the kitchen area to prepare our evening meal. Condiments were provided as well as pots, dishes, flatware, cutting board, knives, toaster and coffee pot. Even a dishwasher for speedy cleanup. We are very happy we choose to stay here. If we are ever in the area again we will certainly make a reservation to stay here again. We come to see the area wildlife and scenery not their restaurants. They will even do your grocery shopping. But of course we did our own shopping as the supermarkets are very close by.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island? Share your experiences!